Cody Ransom hit a tiebreaking, three-run homer in the seventh inning and Edwin Jackson pitched the Chicago Cubs to a 4-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Sunday.
Patrick Corbin became the major leagues’ first nine-game winner, laboring through six inning Sunday in the Arizona Diamondbacks’ 8-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Matt Harvey won his fifth straight decision, allowing five hits in 7 1-3 innings and singling in the go-ahead run in the seventh inning to lead the New York Mets over the Chicago Cubs 3-2 Friday.
Jackson (1-5) retired 12 of Washington’s first 13 batters and allowed two runs and four hits in 5 1-3 innings. He earned his first win under a $52 million, four-year contract he signed after leaving Washington as a free agent.
Edwin Jackson (0-5) struggled again for the Cubs, allowing four runs and eight hits in five innings.
Edwin Jackson and Michael Bowden tied a major league record by combining to throw five wild pitches in an inning, and the San Francisco Giants got another big assist from a Cubs pitcher in a three-run 10th in Sunday’s 10-7 victory over Chicago.
Edwin Jackson gave up two runs in five innings but lost to the Pirates for the first time in seven career starts. The Cubs produced just two singles and only put a runner on third once.
Carlos Gomez homered and Taylor Green had two hits to help the Milwaukee Brewers beat a Chicago Cubs split squad 4-3 on Sunday.
The Cubs wanted Anibal Sanchez. That much was obvious after the team officially announced the signing of right-hander Edwin Jackson to a four-year contract worth $52 million on Wednesday.
According to multiple reports, the Cubs and free-agent pitcher Edwin Jackson have agreed on a four-year deal worth $52 million.
Adam LaRoche hit two of Washington’s six homers, Ian Desmond had four RBIs and the Nationals beat the Chicago Cubs 11-5 on Tuesday night.
Pitcher Edwin Jackson agreed Thursday to a one-year contract with the Washington Nationals. The team said the agreement is pending a physical. The deal is worth in the range of $9 million to $12 million.
Along with the December snow that is soon to come, the sport of baseball’s hot stove season is set to kick into high gear.
As each day passes, it appears more and and unlikely Buehrle will return. Coupled with the loss of Buehrle, reports have speculated that starting pitcher John Danks could also be shipped out for younger prospects. Add to that the loss of Edwin Jackson, who was traded before last year’s trade deadline, and you are missing some serious innings.
Pinch-hitter Ben Francisco and closer Ryan Madson made manager Charlie Manuel’s moves look smart, and the Philadelphia Phillies held off the St. Louis Cardinals 3-2 Tuesday for a 2-1 lead in their NL playoff series.
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Randy Wells just couldn’t close this one out. Leading 2-1 in the seventh, Wells gave up a game-tying homer to Yadier Molina. The following inning, Furcal homered off Wells (7-6) to […]
With a $127,789,000 payroll, the White Sox knew they needed fans to show up to the ballpark this season. With their struggles, it hasn’t happened.
Albert Pujols got his 2,000th hit and Edwin Jackson pitched seven innings in his debut with St. Louis, lifting the Cardinals to a 9-2 win Friday over the Chicago Cubs.
I take my eyes off my screen for two minutes, and already I’m behind what’s going on as the MLB trade deadline approaches, while the NFL is in the middle of its wacky, post-lockout farmers market.
Wednesday’s trade sending Edwin Jackson and Mark Teahen to Toronto for right handed pitchers Jason Frasor and Zach Stewart serves two purposes.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.573
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!