When White Sox prospect Alejandro De Aza was pulled in the first inning Tuesday night in Charlotte, rumors spread that he had been traded.
Edwin Jackson beat Cleveland for the ninth straight time after Indians rookie Ezequiel Carrera dropped an easy fly ball in center field to give the Chicago White Sox two runs in a 4-2 victory Sunday.
The White Sox are reportedly in talks with the St. Louis Cardinals about acquiring center fielder Colby Rasmus. The Cardinals need pitching help.
Steve Stone believes the next 12 games — all against AL Central opponents — will decide whether the White Sox are buyers or sellers.
I wish I knew which train was carrying the dirty bomb. Trust me, I’d have told you. Nuclear launch codes? Sure. Um…Tango, Echo, five, seven, Foxtrot, seven, niner? No? Can I try again?
Bruce Chen only allowed four hits over six innings of work and the Royals beat the White Sox 4-1 Wednesday afternoon at U.S. Cellular Field.
Juan Pierre’s two-run triple in the seventh inning helped the White Sox beat the Cubs 6-4 at Wrigley Field Friday afternoon.
While local interest for Chicago’s annual crosstown series might be waning, the White Sox and Cubs are only focused on continuing their respective recent successes.
The Chicago White Sox continue their long stretch against National League opponents with the Washington Nationals. The Nationals have won 11 of their last 12 games, but will face the White Sox without manager Jim Riggleman.
Daniel Hudson threw a three-hitter in his first career complete game and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the White Sox 4-1 on Friday night.
The Chicago White Sox’s “All In” approach to the 2011 season hasn’t gone as planned. At 27-31, and third in the AL Central, the team will have some difficult decisions to make as the trade deadline nears.
Phil Humber wasn’t supposed to be anything more than a long reliever and an occasional starter this year. Turns out, he’s the team’s best starter.
Alexei Ramirez homered and drove in a career-high five runs, and the suddenly surging Chicago White Sox beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 8-3 on Sunday.
After a positive road trip, the Chicago White Sox return home feeling confident that they can turn the season around. But finding success over their upcoming homestand could be difficult.
The return of Jake Peavy, as well as the solid pitching of Phil Humber has presented the Chicago White Sox with a tough decision regarding their starting rotation.
The Chicago White Sox are still struggling through the 2011 season, looking to get some consistent offense to back up their solid starting pitching.
After 36 games, the White Sox finally have won three in-a-row. The Sox started hitting early and got a three-nothing lead. If you think the issues with the offense don’t affect pitchers then take a look at this quote from last night’s winner Edwin Jackson.
Edwin Jackson pitched seven superb innings for his first victory in more than a month, Carlos Quentin homered and drove in five runs, and the Chicago White Sox routed the Los Angeles Angels 8-0 on Monday night.
Before the season started, the Chicago White Sox and the Minnesota Twins were expected to battle for the AL Central title, but now they’re battling to stay out of the last place in the division.
Brett Gardner led off the Yankees’ six-run fifth inning with a homer for their first hit of New York’s 12-3 rout of the Chicago White Sox on Thursday night.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!