The Bears’ reshuffled offensive line can’t really be worse, but it’s also one that will need to keep it simple.
The Bears could not have afforded a loss to a divisional opponent, especially not at home, and with Jay Cutler returning to action.
he Chicago Bears announced Wednesday afternoon they have signed offensive lineman Edwin Williams two a two-year contract extension.
Just over a month ago, the Bears were 2-3 and looked to be headed for disappointment. Five wins later, they seem like a legitimate player in the NFC race after another rather impressive showing against San Diego on Sunday. That is, if they are able to overcome Jay Cutler’s broken thumb.
One Bears expert said if Martz reverts to his pass-happy self, the Bears could be in trouble.
A weekly glimpse at the Bears’ upcoming opponent. This week: San Diego.
With left guard Chris Williams lost for the season, it’s now up to Edwin Williams to take over in an offensive line that has been playing above expectations throughout the last five games.
During the Bears current four-game winning streak, the offensive line has been a bright spot, protecting Jay Cutler and paving a way for Matt Forte. Now, with Williams lost for the season with a wrist injury, the Bears must regroup and work with a new left guard, Edwin Williams.
Left guard Chris Williams was placed on injured reserve Monday and will miss the rest of the season after having wrist surgery Sunday night.
In the wake of the victory, Bears lineman Chris Williams was taken from the game with a hand injury, ultimately having emergency surgery during the second half. With rookie tackle Gabe Carimi also undergoing knee surgery earlier in the week, the Bears offensive line is at a point where it can’t afford any more injuries moving forward.
Chicago Bears’ Olin Kreutz is on a streak of 126 straight starts and that doesn’t look like it will be broken against the Vikings Sunday. Kreutz had missed practice Wednesday and Thursday due to a pulled hamstring.
By Laurence Holmes Last week, the Bears went vintage Lovie Smith in their win against Carolina. They got off the bus running the ball, asked the defense to turn the Panthers over and got solid […]
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.175
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.312
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!