Chicago can be a vibrant city for people of all ages. Make sure to make the most of what Chicago has to offer for the older generation by taking advantage of the many discounts and venues that cater towards seniors.
Della Cotton, of the 400 block of West Marquette Road, was found decomposed in her home, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
It has been an annual tradition for White, who at one time was on the other end of the receiving line.
Three people, including two teenagers, have been charged with attacking and robbing an elderly World War II veteran Monday in the West Englewood neighborhood.
FTo make the transition smoother for everyone, consider the following tips before moving an elderly parent in permanently.
Police in several Northwest Indiana towns are looking for three Chicago men wanted for a series of daylight home invasions of elderly residents’ houses.
Consider volunteering your time at one of many places that help those in need during the holidays. There are a variety of tasks you could do from cooking, serving food, preparing care packages, driving, and even just visiting…
A dispute between two residents in a senior living center ended in gunfire Sunday afternoon, killing an 80-year-old man.
Rodney L. McGowan, 43, earlier this year was convicted of breaking into a 74-year-old Elgin woman’s home and sexually assaulting her in April 2010.
A former Chicago Police officer was convicted of scamming a 90-year-old man out of a total of $900,000.
Police on the North Side are warning elderly residents of a scam in which a man and woman are stealing money from people at senior living buildings, police said Friday.
Police in Bloomingdale are investigating the deaths of a man and elderly woman as a murder-suicide. It is the second murder this month in the western suburb.
An elderly woman was killed when her clothes caught fire as she attempted to light the pilot on a stove.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!