Illinois voters rejected a proposed amendment to the state constitution that would have required a three-fifths vote, instead of a simple majority, for any public body to increase public pension benefits.
After five failed campaigns, Jim Oberweis has finally won elective office.
The state’s Republican Party chairman says yesterday’s losses are nothing to whine about.
Democrats have retained control of both houses of the Illinois General Assembly.
One of President Barack Obama’s favorite restaurants in Hyde Park is offering free breakfast today, to celebrate the president’s victory Tuesday night.
Illinois’ neighbors to the north and east went in different directions in the presidential race.
The text of President Obama’s Election Night speech, delivered on 11/6/2012 in Chicago
The text of Mitt Romney’s Election Night speech, delivered on 11/6/2012 in Boston
Voters at one Chicago polling place were surprised to find one of the judges showing his presidential preference this morning.
The labor vote literally has been cast this morning in the south suburbs.
As polls opened on election day, voters trying to log onto the Chicago Election Board website were having problems gaining access.
Obama supporters and Romney backers at Manny’s Deli are united about one thing: They’re out of patience with all the politicking. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
The presidency isn’t the only race democrats and republicans have their eyes on. With control of Congress also on the line, some hotly contested congressional races are also drawing a lot of attention.
After 2 days off, the Presidential candidates are officially heading back to the campaign trail. You probably couldn’t tell that President Obama and Governor Mitt Romney stopped campaigning. That’s because they didn’t.
In the final presidential debate on Monday, President Obama and Governor Mitt Romney traded sharp attacks over their vision for foreign policy.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!