Planning on driving home from a long weekend in Lake Geneva? Heading west to Elgin? Or landing at O’Hare International Airport late at night? Get ready for some heartburn.
The Illinois Tollway received final approval Thursday to construct the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project, a $3.4 billion project to provide congestion relief projected to save drivers $145 million a year in time and fuel costs.
Grab the ice scraper, because you may need it before you head out this Sunday morning.
Icy roads and freezing rain caused an 11-car pileup in northwest suburban Schaumburg Saturday night, according to Illinois State Police.
A 44-year-old Hanover Park man was killed after he was struck by a vehicle on the Elgin-O’Hare Expressway late Monday, an accident state police are blaming on black ice.
A serious crash early Thursday prompted police to shut down busy Gary Avenue in northwest suburban Roselle.
The proposed tollway expansion plan attracted hundreds of people Friday night to several Chicago suburbs. Many like the idea despite a plan to increase toll fares
Support seems to be growing for a new tollway near O’Hare International Airport.
Tolls could double on the Illinois Tollway system, which is dealing with a $1 billion shortfall.
A five-vehicle crash shut down the Elgin-O’Hare Expressway at the height of rush hour this morning.
Planning continues to extend the Elgin-O’Hare Expressway to the western edge of the expanded O’Hare International Airport, and mass transit is a component.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!