Emerald Ash Borer
The city’s war against the tree-killing Emerald Ash Borer was kicked up quite a few notches on Wednesday.
Homeowners are being told to diversify – not just by financial planners – but by a biologist who is concerned that maples could one day follow ash and American elm trees into oblivion.
The emerald ash borer and the drought this summer are teaming up to give a one-two punch to ash trees in the area.
The weather is warming up, trees and flowers are blooming, and experts and homeowners who have ash trees remain on the hunt for trees infested with the emerald ash borer.
The village of Arlington Heights have made aggressive plans to deal with an infestation by the emerald ash borer, but some residents are suggesting alternatives to cutting down trees. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley reports.
Five years after the Emerald Ash Borer beetle was discovered killing ash trees in Illinois, the battle is becoming more ferocious.
A Bartlett woman is organizing neighbors to join her in trying to save their tree-lined neighborhood from the emerald ash borer.
Carol Stream Mayor Frank Savarino says he is looking for ways to assist homeowners whose aged or diseased trees on private property are contributing the town’s power problems.
It’s barely the size of your pinky nail, but is rapidly changing the landscape of the Chicago area. Emerald Ash Borer infestations are leading to the removal of thousands of trees.
Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon says reforestation of 40 north suburban acres will pay big dividends for area residents in terms of cleaner air, cleaner water and wildlife habitat.
Yorkville officials still are not sure what to do. But they know whatever they decide, dealing with the emerald ash borer as it makes its way through the southwest suburb will be costly.
Far north suburban Gurnee is taking on the tree-killing emerald ash borer.
The emerald ash borer is attacking trees in Vernon Hills, in what one village official calls a “natural disaster.”
Long designated as a Tree City USA, north suburban Park Ridge is about to lose some of its greenery due to an invasion by the infamous emerald ash borer.
Holiday lights aren’t the only thing inhabiting Barrington trees as December approaches. Emerald ash borer beetles were recently discovered in two ash trees in the village.
The Morton Arboretum is now in the same boat as so many with Ash trees: Foresters report the Emerald Ash Borer has arrived at the 1,700 acre nature preserve west of Chicago.
Staff at The Morton Arboretum in west suburban Lisle discovered emerald ash borers, but they’re not panicking.
- Morton West High School Placed On LockdownMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.387
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.355
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!