Events for April 12th, 13th & 14th. Get off your butt and go see the best of what Chicago has to offer! Spaghetti wrestling, outsider art, awkward open mics and more!
What does August have in store for us? Read about the best events happening in Chicago right here!
While there are plenty of jokers who think that Wicker Park is the sole place to take out a new beau or madam, the cool kids know to head south. Ukrainian Village has plenty of fine options for food, drinks, and spectacles. Here’s a handy guide to some of the neighborhood’s finest locales; each will help you can begin a whirlwind romance, torrid affair, sunny courtship, or any number of other romantic situations with weather-related adjectives.
February’s events will rock your socks right off. Even if your feet are so cold you’re wearing two pairs of socks, it will rock them off, all four individual socks. They are that great! Read about them!
Despite what my mother says, I do leave my house occasionally (and I’m not a nerd, dammit). It’s my job. Kind of. To go out in the world and to find junk to write about. And, you know, some of the junk I’ve found is great. Really great. Looking back over 2011, here are five of my favorite things that’ll be back in 2012. So leave your house in 2012! Go to these cool things! Prove to your mother that you’re not a nerd!
The music at the World Music Festival is a combination of contemporary and classic music, the best from their respective nations and locales, tailored to be enjoyable to all ears…
Don’t just make any excuse to leave the house on June 4th and 5th, make a great excuse and visit Do-Division Street Fest & Sidewalk Sale for great music, food and trinkets.
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!