All 167 seniors at Urban Prep Charter Academies’ campuses in Englewood and University Village are heading to college next fall. The entire senior classes of the two schools have been accepted to four-year universities.
One man is hospitalized with a gunshot wound suffered in a late-afternoon confrontation on the South Side.
One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
Two men were taken to area hospitals after being stabbed in the South Side Englewood early Sunday.
Gresham District officers were patrolling in a squad car when they heard shots fired and saw a weapon being thrown from a vehicle, and gave chase.
The state Department of Children and Family Services are investigating the death of a four-month-old girl Saturday at her South Side Englewood neighborhood home.
A man died after being shot in the head early Friday in the Englewood neighborhood.
A woman was hospitalized after she jumped out of a third floor window when a fire erupted inside a home in the Englewood neighborhood on Monday night.
Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
A teenage boy was shot early Saturday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.
A man was fatally shot in the stomach as he left a lounge in the Englewood neighborhood early Friday, authorities said.
A man has been charged with murder for fatally shooting his brother during a “domestic” dispute outside a South Side Englewood home Friday afternoon.
Ramona Rogers-Washington has a fractured wrist and a bullet in her chest, but nonetheless she said she’s “very blessed” to be alive, after a shooting on a CTA bus on Thursday.
A young mother has been charged with child endangerment, after her son was found running by himself in the Englewood neighborhood on Monday night.
A man was shot and killed in Englewood Saturday afternoon.
One person is in custody after shots were fired at a Chicago Police squad car Monday night in the Englewood neighborhood.
Police shot an armed man who allegedly pointed a gun at them early Wednesday, shortly after he also pulled a gun on his stepfather at an Englewood home, according to a police union official. It was the second police involved shooting in a 24-hour period.
An 18-year-old man was shot to death after a dispute with several other males in the Englewood neighborhood late Tuesday.
One person was killed and 13 wounded in gun violence over the Christmas holiday, including an 11-year-old boy grazed by a bullet and a man who was shot to death during a dispute in the Englewood neighborhood.
Tuesday, Chicago police aimed to let the survivors of an Englewood fire know that Christmas is still here.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!