When Kenneth Conley was nearly caught two weeks after a daring jail break last winter, he allegedly told the FBI, “It happened once — what makes you think it won’t happen again?” Now, he’ll have plenty of time to try.
Conley was charged with escaping from the MCC on Dec. 18, 2012 with his cellmate Joseph Jose Banks by scaling 17 floors down the side of the jail on a rope made of bedsheets and other material, according to the FBI.
Escape charges have been dropped against a convicted bank robber who climbed out of a high-rise jail in downtown Chicago.
The FBI said Wednesday they believe Kenneth Conley, the federal inmate who – along with his cellmate – made a dramatic escape from the Metropolitan Correctional Center last week has likely left the Chicago area.
McCarthy says he wants to talk with federal authorities about security at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in the wake of this week’s dramatic escape from the downtown facility.
One of two convicted bank robbers who escaped from the federal jail in downtown Chicago this week was captured Thursday night.
Two convicted bank robbers remained at large on Wednesday, the day after a brazen escape from the federal jail in the Loop.
Aquarius! Crawl out the metaphorical slit your jailers call a window, down that imaginary rope made of your hopes, dreams and bed sheets, and live your life!
Two inmates escaped Tuesday morning from the federal jail in the Loop, using bedsheets tied together to rappel 15 floors to the ground.
Police say a Chicago man used a dog to escape officers serving a search warrant in the Englewood neighborhood Tuesday night.
Authorities have located and apprehended a prisoner shortly after he escaped from Stroger Hospital of Cook County Wednesday morning.
Police were searching for a 15-year-old drug suspect who they say managed a great escape from his handcuffs – and out of the District 11 police station.
The Lake County State’s Attorney’s office wants a special prosecutor to look into the death of jail inmate.
An escape at the Cook County Jail on Sunday put the entire building on lockdown and left officers wondering one question: why?
Three people escaped a house fire in northwest suburban Elgin on Sunday.
A man who made headlines in December for briefly escaping authorities has now died in federal custody.
A manhunt continued Wednesday for a fugitive who escaped from custody while handcuffed and stole a police squad car full of weapons in northwest Indiana.
A man escaped from police after being arrested for a drunken disturbance last week in Gary, Ind., but he wasn’t on the lam for long.
A man was hospitalized in serious condition Tuesday morning after escaping a carjacking in progress, and being shot, in the Little Village neighborhood.
A 17-year-old girl escaped to safety this week after being kidnapped at a bus stop on the city’s West Side.
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!