A Northwestern University student was found dead in a university building Sunday, Pioneer Press is reporting.
Cook County Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the person who shot to death a 19-year old Evanston man who was standing outside his grandmother’s house last fall.
CTA’s Purple Line has seemingly become one big slow zone. It’s about to become a construction zone,
A man in his 60s has died, from injuries suffered in a fire in north suburban Evanston.
The city of Evanston is waiving late fees on overdue parking tickets for a limited time only. After that, city officials intend to get tough.
Officials say a smoke detector was key in alerting residents to a fire in a single-family home Monday in north suburban Evanston.
Firefighters were called to the 700 block of Noyes Street about 11:24 p.m. and quickly extinguished “heavy” flames in a second-floor apartment.
Never try to separate a woman from her designer purse. A north suburban woman chased and caught a man who snatched her $2,600 Louis Vuitton purse through her vehicle window as she waited in line for a car wash in Evanston on Monday.
A 35-year-old man from the West Side Garfield Park neighborhood was arrested on Friday after threatening to kill employees of an Evanston Pizza Hut during a robbery earlier this week.
An Evanston nightclub has announced it’s canceling an upcoming concert because of an anti-gay rant on stage by the performer.
What started as a fun-run in the snow nearly turned tragic in Des Plaines yesterday. But it turned out to be a lucky day for a little boy who slipped into the river.
CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez met the hero cop who saved him.
Next to a sinking orange Bears hat, a tiny hand popped through the icy waters of the Des Plaines river Tuesday afternoon. Off-duty Evanston Police Officer Sean O’Brien didn’t hesitate. He grabbed the hand and plucked a 7-year-old boy from the water, saving his life.
If you want to observe Women’s History Month, get ready for a hands-on experience. From volunteer opportunities to online resources, the Chicagoland area offers ways to celebrate notable women in history as well as ways to help girls today.
An Evanston woman who was on board the crippled Carnival Cruise Line ship that was stuck adrift for five days was back at home on Friday, hours after the ship finally arrived back in port in Alabama.
Detectives from Chicago and the suburbs believe they finally got their man. Police plan to announce charges on Wednesday for a man arrested in connection with the robberies of more than a dozen local hair salons.
A Lake County jury convicted a north suburban Waukegan man of sexually assaulting an Evanston woman with learning disabilities.
A 19-year-old man from the South Side Englewood neighborhood has been charged with multiple criminal counts ranging from robbery to fleeing and eluding police, after he allegedly snatched a purse from an 80-year-old woman in Evanston earlier this week.
A man accused of striking a teenage boy with a gun and firing shots at two other people Saturday in north suburban Evanston is being held on $100,000 bond.
A man armed with a gun held up a fast food restaurant in north suburban Evanston on Wednesday morning.
A local adoption agency is encouraging people to contact their senators and congressmen to ask them to urge Russia to let those adoptions already in progress to proceed.
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.189
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!