A new comic is recounting the NATO Summit back in May in cartoon form, and it doesn’t share the admiration for Chicago Police officers that dominated the headlines in the days after the summit.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy and several other observers have praised officers in the field for their restraint during the NATO Summit protests, but some protest leaders say they cannot see McCarthy’s justification for the use of force.
A South Side pastor is suing the city and four police officers, claiming they unlawfully detained him and used a racial slur against him at the scene of a shooting this February in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood.
The girlfriend of a North Chicago man who died after he was beaten by police is telling a different story than officers.
One North Chicago police officer has been fired, and another is suspended without pay, in connection with the brutality allegations by the family of a man who died after being beaten during an arrest.
Demonstrators stood outside the mayor’s office to protest police brutality, though most of the alleged cases they cited happened in the suburbs, CBS 2’s Jim Williams reports.
Demonstrators continued their call for justice Monday for the family of a man beaten to death while in North Chicago police custody, but attorneys for the officers say the whole story hasn’t come out.
The results are in following a federal investigation into alleged brutality by members of the Harvey police Department.
It’s been months since a 45-year-old man died one week after North Chicago police officers allegedly beat him during an arrest, but Lake County authorities have yet to issue an autopsy report. Attorneys said Wednesday an independent autopsy proves Darrin Hanna died from police brutality.
Paul Smith, the man who is seen being roughly treated by a North Chicago police officer in surveillance video, is speaking out for the first time.
After just six days, the man who was appointed interim police chief in North Chicago has decided he doesn’t want the job.
A north suburban police chief has been placed on leave, in the wake of mounting allegations of excessive force by the department’s police officers.
A police officer in Park Ridge was acting within law enforcement guidelines when he beat a suspect who grabbed him and wouldn’t let go.
A Dolton police officer has been charged with beating two people with his police baton and then threatening the police chief during the investigation.
Two brothers who claim they were beaten by Chicago police officers when they were mistaken for robbers as they were leaving the liquor store where they work have filed a federal lawsuit seeking more than $180,000 in damages.
New allegations of brutality have surfaced against Chicago Police officers, this time involving a Southwest Side liquor store manager who says he was mistaken for a robber and roughed up.
A cash reward is now being offered, in hopes of getting to the bottom of an incident in which two University of Chicago grad students say were beaten without provocation by Chicago Police officers.
A police misconduct lawsuit in Park Ridge has been dismissed, less than two months after it was filed.
A lawsuit claims Batavia Police officers attacked a man when he was a 17-year-old arrested for an alleged alcohol offense.
The Fraternal Order of Police is threatening a lawsuit, after seven Chicago Police officers were stripped of their powers on claims that they beat a handcuffed suspect, only for two to be cleared within days.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!