HOUSTON (AP) — Chris Sale had another solid outing in his transition from the bullpen to the rotation and the Chicago White Sox beat the Houston Astros 5-1 in an exhibition game on Tuesday night. […]
Seattle starter Jason Vargas was pounded for seven runs and eight hits while getting just two outs, and the Chicago Cubs beat the Mariners 12-7 Monday.
Unless you work in the science field, chances are your days of conducting cool experiments are over. Go back to class with “MythBusters: The Explosive Exhibition,” which opens March 15 at the Museum of Science and Industry.
Genghis Khan has an oft-misunderstood legacy. The ruthless Mongol emperor drastically expanded his 12th and 13th century Asian empire through force — but along the way introduced passports and a postal system, among other innovations. “Genghis Khan,” a new show at the Field Museum running through September 3, takes a look at the ruler through an exhibit of artifacts ranging from jewelry and silk robes to weapons and religious relics — and even a mummy…
The strange object that sits on top of the Art Institute of Chicago looks like it comes from another world. It resembles an insect, with a ball in the middle, two solar panels sticking out from the sides like wings, and three legs anchoring it to the ground. The object is an installation by artist Spencer Finch called “Lunar” and it’s completely surreal set against the Chicago skyline…
In Claro y Obscuro, running through November 27 at the National Museum of Mexican Art in Pilsen, Chicago-based artist Elsa Muñoz presents a world caught in media res…
Rafael Da Silva scored in the 76th minute to give Manchester United the lead, and the English soccer powerhouse went on to beat the Chicago Fire 3-1 in an exhibition match at Soldier Field on Saturday.
I Myself Have Seen It: Photography and Kiki Smith, which runs through August 14 at the Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art, offers a survey of Smith’s photography and explores the ways the medium enhances her other artwork.
We use maps to help us get places, explore geography or find the nearest place to eat. For artist Mark Bradford, maps are so much more than that – they’re the basis for his striking artwork and the way in which he tells wholly compelling stories.
With so much happening in our daily lives, it’s easy to overlook what’s right in front of us—a tree losing its leaves or a glass on the table—in favor of more stimulating images and encounters. In her new show at the Art Institute of Chicago, photographer Uta Barth takes those distractions out.
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Jaroslav Halak made 30 saves to record his first exhibition win with St. Louis and the Blues beat the Chicago Blackhawks 4-1 on Thursday night. Halak, who was acquired from Montreal […]
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!