The 2-11 alarm fire occurred at a 3-story apartment building at 1433 S. Kenneth Ave. about 5:45 a.m.
An extra-alarm blaze broke out early Monday afternoon in the South Side Park Manor neighborhood.
Firefighters spent several hours Thursday working to put out an extra-alarm blaze at a warehouse building in far southwest suburban Grundy County.
Two firefighters were injured early Tuesday when a porch roof collapsed as they were battling an extra-alarm blaze in the Auburn Gresham neighborhood.
One firefighter was hurt battling an extra-alarm blaze at an abandoned New City factory that made parade floats Monday night on the South Side.
Firefighters were at the scene of an extra-alarm blaze at a large vacant warehouse in the Bridgeport neighborhood Tuesday night.
Nearly 70 people lost everything this past weekend, when an extra-alarm fire ripped through their condo building in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
Firefighters have been battling an extra-alarm blaze at an apartment building in the Far South Side Morgan Park neighborhood for about an hour Saturday afternoon.
Three people, including a Chicago firefighter, were hospitalized after an extra-alarm fire broke out at an apartment building in the Buena Park neighborhood.
A large section of an Englewood church collapsed during an extra-alarm blaze early Friday.
An extra-alarm fire completely engulfed a warehouse in the Avondale neighborhood on the Northwest Side early Sunday.
There were some dicey moments overnight for Chicago firefighters who battled a blaze in an Auburn-Gresham neighborhood building.
One firefighter was cut in the face, while another was taken to an area hospital for exhaustion following an extra-alarm fire on the Far Southeast Side.
The cause remains under investigation for a fire that ripped through three apartment buildings in the Lawndale neighborhood.
Investigators are trying to determine what cause a three-alarm fire that damaged four apartment buildings Tuesday in the west side Lawndale neighborhood.
Emergency crews are on the scene of an extra alarm fire Sunday morning in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood.
An extra-alarm fire overnight destroyed an auto repair shop in the Southwest Side’s Archer Heights neighborhood.
Brown Line riders in Lincoln Park and South Lakeview will have to hoof it to Belmont or Fullerton Wednesday and Thursday, as the Chicago Transit Authority closes the two stops in between to accommodate the demolition of the charred remains of Roy’s Furniture Company.
Fire reduced Roy’s Furniture Company in Lincoln Park to rubble, but the venerable neighborhood institution is already planning a comeback.
CTA trains on the Red, Brown, and Purple Lines were shut down in the Lincoln Park neighborhood for nearly three hours Tuesday afternoon, after an extra-alarm fire broke out at a furniture store next to the ‘L’ tracks.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!