The young man raced to the house and through a window saw the girl’s father passed out on the living room floor and called 911. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
If you plan on hosting overnight guests, you are going to need to prep your home for their arrival.
The robbers took jewelry, cash, cell phones and an MP3 player.
Cook County Sheriff’s investigators trying to identify victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy have solved the unrelated case of a missing man from Peoria, whose body was found on a mountainside in Utah two years ago.
Labor Day means one more weekend of festivals, BBQs and all that is right with the Chicago weather. Here’s a weekend itinerary with fun ideas to get you started!
This summer has left our family a little fried in more than the roast, toast and burn kind of way that 100-degree heat and full-on, daily sunshine leaves in its nightly sunset. Specifically, this summer has left me, the mother of two little boys, totally burned out by 10 a.m. after breaking up the tenth argument of the day.
A festival for the arts, Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival livens up Logan Square July 20, 21 & 22. Go to see bands, performances and more!
Much to my boys’ dismay, we simply cannot spend every minute of daylight each day of summer vacation at the park, the pool or at the beach. There are days we all simply need to relax, and well, the house isn’t self-cleaning and dinner isn’t self-preparing, so even if we table the relaxing idea, there are days (even in the gloriousness of summer vacation) when we simply must be homebound in order to keep alive and partially clean. This is where the backyard comes in…
Camping is a fun and affordable way to spend quality time with your family. Here are some tips for a successful camping trip.
It’s rare parents go anywhere without their smart phones anymore; these hand-held mini computers are used for so much more than just making phone calls and receiving texts, so it’s no wonder that so many applications have been developed specifically for families and little ones. Here’s a list of some wonderful apps for families.
While barber shops may seem like a ubiquitous dime a dozen, there’s quite a lot that can set one apart from another. Often its the little touches that make a shop special, like a particularly good value, eccentric decor, the effortless precision of a master barber with a few good jokes, complimentary beer, or the owner’s dog lounging at your feet while you wait. Here’s a list of some of the best places in town to become a regular customer at that will keep you looking tight.
Life is busy, and family life is busier! The more people in the family, the more it seems like the schedule never sleeps. Luckily for Chicago-area families, there are services and businesses geared toward lightening the load for families and generally making life a little bit easier. (And best of all, many of them are eco-friendly and green!)
Singer and actress Jennifer Hudson took the stand to testify in the trial of William Balfour, who is accused of killing Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew.
Easter weekend is quickly approaching. Take part in the time honored tradition of the Easter egg hunt with your family. Here’s a round up of some of the egg hunts taking place this weekend throughout Chicago. Happy hunting!
Oftentimes, it’s one of the last things to cross a newly pregnant mother’s mind, but finding the right pediatrician before baby meets the world can help ease the new mom and dad into parenthood by having a trusted practitioner on their side the moment baby arrives. Here’s a guide to finding the right practitioner for your family.
A lawsuit is being filed Thursday against Illinois State Police and the Village of Westchester for the handling of a woman’s drunken driving arrest last September.
The ex-husband of an eye doctor missing for nearly a year from Munster, Ind., is glad about a reward for information being offered by her family.
Every little girl (whether she’s 6 or 46) likes to be treated like a princess. A little bit of sparkle, a little bit of pampering and a whole lot of pink can sure take a girl far. Chicago has many options to make each girls feel special on her birthday or any day. From dress up-parties to interactive experiences, each shop has a different way to create an unforgettable celebration.
Come this time during a Chicago winter–when spring isn’t yet close enough to taste and winter is in full swing with its cold temperatures and gusty winds–everyone in the house feels like it’s time to get moving. Here are some classes that will move your muscles beyond what it takes to shift positions on the couch.
You could spend a small fortune going to a movie or sending the kids to day camp, but we’ve compiled a list of free, inexpensive and exciting activities to take you through the weekend. Be sure to double check the website for what’s included. You may still need to pay for special activities or parking. So pack up the kids and pack a lunch and have a great winter break.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 3 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 3 hours ago