Fifty-three accidents occurred there between 2004 and 2011. The wrecks left 24 people injured and one dead, the Illinois Department of Transportation reports.
The car was speeding when the driver lost control and struck a tree.
A 15-year-old boy shot in the head Sunday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood has been pronounced brain-dead, authorities said.
Emory Diaz-Sepulveda was mother to a 3 ½-month-old baby named Roy. He’ll never know his mom now, after the accident off Interstate 88 in Aurora. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
A 12-year-old girl was killed in a fire early Friday that destroyed a home in northwest suburban McHenry.
A 73-year-old woman died Thursday morning in a fire at her home in the Northwest Side Old Irving neighborhood.
The woman was shot in the shoulder about 7 p.m. in the 1100 block of North Pulaski Road and later died at Mount Sinai Hospital.
The man was found unresponsive with a gunshot wound to the left side about 5 p.m. in the 2300 block of West 50th Street.
The man was shot around 1:45 p.m. when he turned toward officers with a dark object in his hand, police officials said.
A 63-year-old man was killed Friday morning when the car he was driving was struck head-on in the northwest suburbs by a larger car being driven by an 86-year-old man.
A 67-year-old woman was killed in a traffic crash in the Northwest Side Logan Square neighborhood early Tuesday.
Two Chicago women have been charged in connection with the fire-related deaths of two small children over the weekend in West Englewood.
Monserrate Shirley, Mark Leonard and Bob Leonard were arrested Friday and charged with felony murder in the Nov. 10 blast, Marion County prosecutor Terry Curry said at a news conference.
A woman was killed and two firefighters and two police officers were injured in a blaze Thursday morning in Arlington Heights.
A 68-year-old man died early Friday after being struck by a vehicle while riding a bicycle in north suburban Skokie.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson says the colleagues of fallen firefighter Herbie Johnson deserve a new, fair contract.
Police have released two persons of interest after a high school senior was fatally shot in the chest Friday afternoon in the Jeffery Manor neighborhood.
The body of Francisco Jose Avila-Castro was found around 5:15 a.m. Wednesday at 33rd Street and Geneva Lane.
A driver was killed after his SUV was struck by a South Shore train near South Bend on Sunday.
Thomas Flahive was a healthy 58-year-old, his fellow firefighters tell CBS 2’s Pamela Jones.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!