A Pace bus traveling south swerved to avoid a pedestrian and crashed into a light pole in the 4600 block of South Halsted Street.
A young boy on a bicycle was run over and killed in north suburban Skokie Monday evening in what authorities call a chain-reaction accident.
The 38-year-old man was at a construction site near East 130th Street and South Torrence Avenue when a piece of falling debris, possibly iron, struck him.
A man was sentenced to seven years in prison after pleading guilty to being drunk when he caused a crash that fatally crushed a 10-year-old boy.
The truck driver and one person on the California Zephyr were killed in the 11:25 a.m. Friday accident about 70 miles east of Reno, authorities said.
A 60-year-old man died Monday after a crashing a vehicle in west suburban McCook.
A shootout between Chicago Police and two robbery suspects left one of the suspects, a 15-year-old boy, dead Wednesday night in the South Shore neighborhood.
A 57-year-old man and woman were killed early Sunday when a pursued vehicle went through a stoplight and slammed into their car. The deaths were ruled homicides.
A 4-year-old girl is dead, after being struck by a teenage driver as she ran after a ball in Tinley Park.
A man died Monday afternoon, three days after a crash that also left a Chicago woman dead.
Speed appears to be the cause of a crash that left a motorcyclist dead.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!