Federal prosecutors say a McHenry man was so angry about his wife’s failure to get a visa, that he threatened the lives of American diplomats, reports WBBM’s Regine Schlesinger.
The defendants allegedly worked together to provide customers with heroin, usually in capsule form, in exchange for cash, after customers called a specific telephone number to place an order.
A Chicago Police officer who allegedly sought and received extortion payments from tow truck drivers for steering vehicle tows from accident scenes was convicted on Friday as part of the FBI’s Operation Tow Scam corruption probe.
FBI agents shot and killed a suspect and arrested two others at a bank in far northwest suburban Richmond on Friday, authorities said.
An Illinois fugitive was arrested Thursday evening on a Madison highway after a daylong manhunt in south-central Wisconsin that drove several local schools to lock down for hours and left neighbors on edge, police said.
Abdella Ahmad Tounisi of Aurora is charged with one count of attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization. He is expected to make an appearance in federal court Tuesday morning.
Federal authorities have arrested the owner of Sacred Heart Hospital on the West Side, as well as another top executive and four doctors, for an alleged kickback scheme.
The search for more possible victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy is now in the hands of the FBI.
A 39-year-old man has been charged with robbing a Lincoln Park bank with his face wrapped in tape, but federal authorities have not yet officially tied him to a string of bank robberies committed by the so-called “Mummy Bandit.”
The robber who knocked over a TCF branch bank in a North Center Jewel over the weekend – a suspect wanted in connection with at least four other bank robberies – has been dubbed “The Mummy Bandit” by federal officials.
The FBI identified the man as “The Bully Bandit” and reminded the public there is a $15,000 reward for information leading to his arrest and conviction.
William Tapes allegedly tried to hit an FBI agent with a car as he was trying to get away after stealing two hubcaps outside a Near West Side Jewel-Osco on Monday.
There may be a break soon in the case of that wild FBI shooting incident in the Near West Side medical district Monday. CBS2 was contacted by a woman who says she was in the car targeted by a federal agent. Our camera was there when she went to FBI headquarters to discuss it. Mike Parker has this Original Report.
At least one FBI agent fired shots during a shooting and chase that left two people wounded Monday afternoon in the Near West Side Medical District.
A Gary man paid a woman for the past two years to use a child to make child pornography, according to federal charges handed down Wednesday.
A man dubbed the “Mummy Bandit” by the FBI, because his head and face are covered, robbed a West Town bank Tuesday, marking at least four such crime committed while carrying various items such as stuffed toys and a bucket.
FBI agents, state police, and other law enforcement officials were at the Northern Illinois University campus on Wednesday to execute a search warrant.
The FBI increased the reward for information leading to his arrest and conviction to $15,000.
The suspect, thought to be about 80 years old and walking with a cane, displayed a weapon and asked for money, the FBI said.
Second Congressional District candidate Mel Reynolds on Wednesday urged federal authorities to focus on gun violence in Chicago, instead of alleged financial misdealings by former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4819
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!