Federal Emergency Management Agency
Help is on the way. That was the message Monday from Gov. Pat Quinn to flood victims in the Chicago area.
With Federal Emergency Management Agency officials twice denying aid, Gov. Pat Quinn says the State of Illinois is moving to assist Southern Illinois communities devastated by tornadoes last month.
A downstate congressman says the federal government “got everything wrong” by denying benefits to tornado-ravaged Harrisburg and surrounding areas.
Gov. Pat Quinn says he will appeal the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s denial of assistance to homeowners affected by the southern Illinois tornado.
Both U.S. Senators from Illinois, and Gov. Pat Quinn, are unhappy with the decision by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to deny disaster aid to Southern Illinois counties ravaged by tornadoes.
U.S. Rep. and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Texas) says victims of the tornados in downstate Harrisburg and elsewhere in the Midwest and South shouldn’t receive any federal aid, and should instead buy insurance.
The Elgin Fire Department added almost a third of a million dollars in federal grant money to its budget that it will use to hire firefighters.
In Chicago’s Latino community, there is concern that people are losing out on federal flood aid with the final deadline to apply fast approaching.
The deadline for Illinois residents to apply for federal disaster assistance from summer flooding has been extended to Nov. 17 due to the large number of applicants.
CHICAGO (AP) – Federal officials have extended the deadline for Illinoisans affected by flooding this summer to apply for disaster assistance.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!