Nick Watney salvaged a dismal season with a victory Sunday at The Barclays that was timely in so many ways.
Bubba Watson wins the Masters, beating Louis Oosthuizen on the second hole of a playoff.
20 years after Fred Couples won The Masters in 1992, the 52-year-old finds himself tied for the lead with Jason Dufner at 5 under. When a reporter asked Couples if he thinks he can win, he replied with no hesitation, “yes, I feel I can!”
England, South Africa, Sweden, Scotland, Spain, Italy and USA… it’s an international leaderboard after the first round of The Masters.
CBS will be covering the final rounds of the 2012 Masters Tournament on Saturday, April 7th and Sunday, April 8th. The following golfers are who I believe to be the top 6 contenders to compete this week.
Circle Nov. 17-20 on your must-see-TV calendar. That is when the Presidents Cup is to be played at Royal Melbourne. Thanks to Greg Norman going boxing weigh-in with his Tiger taunts, that golf tourney just got a whole lot more interesting.
Coming into this weekend Bill Haas was a long shot to win the FedEx Cup; but after 4 rounds in the 60′s and winning the TOUR Championship in a playoff, Haas is walking away with $11.4 million.
Luke Donald and Phil Mickelson have a real shot at winning the Tour Championship and the FedEx Cup, but they might a little help from the top ranked FedEx Cup players.
Adam Scott is two rounds away from making a good year into a great year. Scott leads the Tour Championship, but would need FedEx Cup Point leader Webb Simpson to finish in the bottom half to have a chance at the FedEx Cup and the $10 million bonus.
Keegan Bradley loves the Atlanta area. Bradley is leading the TOUR Championship after the first round with a 6 under 64.
After years of consistent play and only won a few times on the PGA Tour, Matt Kuchar has put himself in a position to win the $10 million FedEx Cup bonus despite not winning a tournament in the playoffs.
One week ago Justin Rose was just hoping to continue to this week, but after winning the BMW Championship, Rose is now in contention to win the TOUR Championship and the $10 million prize.
After five years and an up and down 2011 season, Ernie Els missed the cut for the Tour Championship. Now he will play in some other tournaments before he heads to Australia to help Greg Norman in the Presidents Cup.
Right when it looked as though Justin Rose might blow a big lead, he chipped in for birdie on the 17th hole to secure a two-shot victory Sunday in the BMW Championship that sends him to East Lake for a shot at $10 million.
Mark Wilson was on track for a good year at the start of the season, but fell off quickly. Now needs to come back from a bad round at the BMW Championship in hopes of making the U.S. Presidents Cup.
It’s not quite the “fifth major” for Justin Rose, though it’s a big deal. He spent last week at the “J.R. Challenge,” named after himself and involving seven of his best friends from childhood who meet each year for a week of golf.
After a breakthrough 2010 season, Justin Rose was expected to compete for many title this season. However that was not case, but he can make up for all that with a win at the BMW Championship.
After a really bad 2011 season, Justin Rose finally found his game and shot an -8 under to lead the first round of the BMW Championship.
Jim Furyk and Geoff Ogilvy will have to play some of their best golf in hopes of advancing to the Tour Championship and being selected to play in the Presidents Cup.
Despite being projected as a future PGA star, winning on the PGA Tour this year has helped Webb Simpson focus on the task at hand; a FedEx Cup championship and a $10 million check.
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.239
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!