In a city well-practiced in the way of scams, this is a new one.
CTA and Pace customers who sign up for a prepaid debit card account under the agencies’ new Ventra fare card system later this year would face a bevy of fees and other charges tied to their accounts.
The city’s parking meters, Chicago area water rates, cigarettes, license plates — all are getting more expensive this year.
Indian Prairie School District 204 says despite rumors, students will not really have to pay to go to the bathroom at Neuqua Valley High School in Naperville.
Restaurants at this year’s Taste of Chicago will have half the time to sell food, but must pay even more to the City of Chicago for the privilege.
You might say that the New Year starts in earnest today, as just about everyone gets back to work. And it’s almost a sure thing that if you live in Chicago or suburban Cook County, your day-to-dat life will be more expensive.
Hang onto to your wallets: The Cook County Board has passed a new budget, and, it’s going to cost you.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s 2012 budget was approved unanimously on Wednesday, and now, he is wasting no time in executing the budget and collecting new fees.
“We can start shaping our city’s future or let it shape us,” Mayor Rahm Emanuel said as he unveiled a budget that will close three police stations, double water rates, and raise several other fees.
Community banks are trying to lure customers over, now that some big institutions are imposing unpopular new fees on customers.
Merchants, and possibly consumers, are going to be getting a break when they break out the plastic where they shop.
They look like credit cards and act like debit cards, but they’re something else – prepaid debit cards – and they’re a big hit with college-bound teens.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) is seeking regulations for pedicabs, including a fee, an inspection requirement and certain restrictions.
Some community activists are organizing to fight a proposal to raise the price of a city sticker in Chicago.
Many banking services once offered for free, now come at a price.
Chase has more ATMs in Chicago than any other bank, and if you don’t have an account with Chase, using them will cost you more.
It is hard enough for some to pay bills when it’s that time of the month but now comes news that more and more companies are charging you a fee, even if you pay on time.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!