Chicago taxpayers will spend $325,000 to compensate a hemophiliac falsely charged with DUI, then beaten by a Chicago Police officer while handcuffed to a metal bar in a holding room.
A Chicago City Council Committee has given preliminary approval to nearly $33 million dollars in settlements of two high-profile cases of alleged police misconduct.
The City Council on Wednesday will likely approve a $950,000 settlement for a one-time bible student who claimed he confessed to a 1951 rape after he was tortured by police.
A legal battle may be brewing between the U.S. Attorney’s office and the Chicago City Council Finance Committee.
The City Council Finance Committee has given preliminary approval to $3.6 million settlement, in a case which put a man behind bars for nearly a decade for an attack he didn’t commit.
The City Council’s Finance Committee has approved millions of dollars in settlements of lawsuits stemming from deaths of people who were being held in police lockups and other alleged police misconduct.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s 2012 budget has cleared a significant hurdle on its way to an expected full City Council approval next week.
Powerful City Council Finance Committee Chairman Edward Burke (14th) is again suggesting a cab fare surcharge to help boost city revenues.
They seem to be everywhere you look downtown; people who want to stop you and get you to give to their cause. But how do you know which people collecting on the sidewalk are what the city calls legitimate? CBS 2′s Pamela Jones shows us.
Call off the Clash of the Titans. Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel and a potential enemy, powerful Ald. Ed Burke, had a private meeting and called a truce as the city budget continues to gush red ink.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel is hinting he won’t try to force Ald. Ed Burke out as City Council Finance Committee chairman.
The city of Chicago would pay $3 million to the family of a man shot by a Chicago cop eight years ago, under a settlement approved by the City Council Finance Committee on Friday.
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.332
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.214
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!