A $250,000 bond was set Sunday for a Merrionette Park firefighter accused of sexually abusing a visitor from Hawaii at a party while a fellow firefighter allegedly acted as lookout outside the bedroom door.
A Hammond man died Saturday after he was injured in a fire at his northwest Indiana home.
The young man raced to the house and through a window saw the girl’s father passed out on the living room floor and called 911. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
An Antioch family of four – all of whom had passed out – was saved this morning by a teenager who called 911 after he peered through the family’s window.
A man was rescued from the water by Chicago Fire Department divers after he jumped into the Chicago River in the West Loop near Union Station Tuesday morning.
A retired Steger fire captain died early Monday after being struck by a vehicle in south suburban Crete.
Thomas Flahive was a healthy 58-year-old, his fellow firefighters tell CBS 2’s Pamela Jones.
In the next few weeks, the Chicago Fire Department expects to begin using a state of the art communications system that’s been years in development.
Quick action from firefighters helped save residents overnight at an apartment building in the Ravenswood neighborhood.
Fire crews rushed into the Loop Wednesday morning, after a blown fuse shut down the elevators at a high-rise office building just south of City Hall.
Abuse of disability benefits by Chicago Police officers hit the headlines over the weekend, and now, a published report says the firefighters have run up a big tab for the city too.
Police are investigating multiple reports of a smell of natural gas in and around the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
The Fire Department was one the scene Wednesday afternoon as a construction barge tipped over and began taking on water in the Chicago River’s South Branch downtown.
A man was pulled from the Chicago River on Friday morning after he apparently jumped off the Clark Street bridge.
Fire and rescue crews were sent to a West Side elementary school Friday morning, after a report of pepper spray at the school.
A car slammed into a fire squad company on the city’s West Side, as the company raced to the scene of a fire 2 1/2 miles away.
The City Council Finance Committee is expected to approve a $1.75 million settlement to compensate the family of a 13-year-old girl who died after a series of alleged mistakes by Chicago Fire Department paramedics.
City workers on Thursday morning removed a set of concrete and steel posts that had blocked a key entrance to an apartment complex where two small children died in a fire earlier this week.
Chicago firefighters and paramedics have agreed to join a wellness program for city workers that could have an impact on their next contract.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson isn’t too impressed with the mayor’s claims of a new era of transparency at City Hall, now that the fire department has clamped down on an investigation into one of its own.
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!