A firefighter from Greensboro, N.C., collapsed in the South Loop while running the Chicago Marathon on Sunday and died about two hours later.
A Chicago firefighter was injured on Tuesday while battling a fire in the South Chicago neighborhood.
Memorials will be unveiled crafted from World Trade Center girders in several suburbs, including Des Plaines.
A Joliet firefighter was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident on Interstate 80 at the start of the weekend, and he is not expected to recover.
A Chicago paramedic and firefighter will take a ride with the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds Thursday, in recognition of an act of heroism.
A man who was working a on car early Sunday smelled smoke and rushed inside a burning home where he rescued a 77-year-old woman and her 5-year-old grandson overnight in the Humboldt Park neighborhood.
A long-time Glen Ellyn firefighter has been charged with stealing more than $200,000 in department funds.
The Fire Department held a christening ceremony today in Burnham harbor, naming its new $8.5 million fire boat in honor of a firefighter who died last year.
Two people, including a Chicago firefighter, were hurt when a home caught fire near the city’s southern border.
A little-known Chicago firefighter will soon take over as alderman of the Northwest Side’s 36th Ward, after an upset victory Tuesday night.
A Calumet City firefighter was injured during a suspicious extra-alarm blaze early Saturday in the south suburb.
A Waukegan firefighter was injured while fighting a blaze that destroyed an unoccupied home on Friday.
A Chicago firefighter and seven people staying at a South Side motel were injured Saturday morning when an extra-alarm blaze gutted the two-story building.
An off-duty Chicago Fire Department paramedic was hurt by ice that fell from a building in downtown Chicago near the Loop.
Chicago firefighters had their hands full overnight, when a building went up in flames on busy Milwaukee Avenue in the Bucktown neighborhood.
For the second time in just one week, hundreds of firefighters in Chicago are saying goodbye to one of their own. A wake is being held Wednesday for fallen firefighter Corey Ankum.
Visitation is set for today for fallen Chicago firefighter Corey Ankum, one of two firefighters killed when a roof and wall collapsed at the scene of a fire last week.
30 firefighters are set to be out of a job by the end of this week.
Hundreds of firefighters gathered Tuesday to say their final farewells to the first of two Chicago firefighters killed last week.
Two firefighters doing what they loved to do most died today. Their names: Corey Ankum and Edward Stringer.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!