Saturday night, there were e a lot of smiles and excitement as Magnificent Mile lit up.
One northwest suburb is hoping residents will pay out of their own pockets for next year’s July 4th fireworks display.
A young man with hopes of getting a license to legally explode fireworks may have blown his chance this week.
A 20-year-old northwest suburban man triggered a dangerous weekend brush fire by throwing a burning firecracker into grass alongside a trail, Lake County prosecutors said Monday.
A Brush fire in Buffalo grove took out power to about 2,400 on Sunday, and police arrested and charged a 20-year-old man who allegedly was lighting off fireworks.
A 26-year-old man from Lowell, Ind., was killed in a fireworks accident on the 4th of July.
As local residents prepare to celebrate the 4th of July amid record-tying heat, firefighters and fireworks companies were facing different kinds of challenges in getting ready for the night’s fireworks displays.
Americans should want to celebrate the 4th of July and at least give some sign of wanting the celebrations that have been cut from municipalities’ budgets.
With record-high temperatures expected throughout the area Wednesday, as well as the usual displays — official and improvised — of fireworks to celebrate Independence Day, this could be a doubly stressful day for pets.
Wednesday’s heat and humidity didn’t stop the 4th of July parade in Hoffman Estates, where four towns were coming together to celebrate the nation’s birthday.
Such is the first half of the year in sports. In the spirit of the highs and lows of Independence Day, here are the bangs and duds of the sports year up until now, both locally and abroad.
A complaint of noisy fireworks early Tuesday reportedly led police to arrest two men for a weekend shooting in southwest suburban Bolingbrook.
While some suburbs have canceled or postponed their fireworks shows on July 3 or July 4 due to the hot and dry conditions, many suburbs are deciding to go on with the show, while taking extra precautions to avoid setting fires.
While the drought has forced some suburbs to cancel fireworks this year, Sunday’s storms have halted the parade and the fireworks in Wheaton.
The 2 Investigators went undercover to buy fireworks from Chicago stores. Pam Zekman reports.
The Chicago Fire Department hopes your Fourth of July plans don’t involve setting off your own fireworks.
The department’s bomb and arson unit will take the entire stash to an undisclosed location and destroy it.
A year-old toddler – briefly the subject of an Amber Alert on Thursday – was found safe hours after the car he was sitting in was taken following a burglary at a Hammond, Ind. fireworks store.
With the Fourth of July less than a week away, fire officials are worried that errant fireworks could start deadly fires.
- Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In FloridaIt's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said Sunday.129
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.408
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!