Food & Drink
Celebrate National Chocolate Cake Day on January 27 with the cakes from these five local bakeries.
Celebrate National Cheese Lovers Day on January 20 with artisan cheeses from these five Chicago cheese shops.
Warm up this winter with a delightful hot toddy from these local bars and restaurants.
Spend some time in the kitchen with your kids by making these fun and easy recipes for breakfast, dinner and dessert.
Find some delicious traditional and modern spaghetti dishes at these five Chicago restaurants.
Snag a table at any of these shiny new Chicago spots that opened in 2012 and a singularly stellar meal is in your future.
This holiday season, try these five drink ideas from two Chicago mixologists.
Get some inspiration in the kitchen during the holidays. These chefs from three Chicago-area restaurants are talking about what they make for the holidays with family and friends and how you can make these dishes too.
A box of sweets is an easy gift that can be really thoughtful when you choose from these special Chicago confectioners.
After slicing through dense, tough shells, local chefs are making magic with winter’s first gift – colorful, healthy squash.
Three Chicago chefs offer some recipes and suggestions for what to do with all your Thanksgiving leftovers.
If you don’t want to cook this Thanksgiving, gather up your family and friends and head to these restaurants, all of which are open for your Turkey Day meal.
Go local this Thanksgiving when buying your turkey. It’ll give you plenty to be thankful for during your delicious feast.
Dive into these updated versions of the classic American tavern that specialize in the burgeoning world of craft beer.
Meet a handful of Chicago’s best sommeliers and wine directors who are bold, deep, crisp, focused, sparkling, noble and yes, perhaps a little spicy!
Delight your taste buds with a range of Mediterranean flavors at these local Chicago restaurants.
As fall descends on Chicago, grab a dark seasonal beer to keep you warm at these Chicago-area brewpubs.
Ask for extra spoons so you can share samples of the best autumn desserts in Chicago.
Cozy up with a loved one and warm up with some fabulous hot drinks, both alcoholic and not, around the city.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!