You can do so much more than a cold vegetable tray with ranch dressing to fill out the menu for a tailgate party. Football season marks the tail end of fresh corn season, so get this on your menu soon.
While waiting for the gridiron grill to heat up in readiness for the classic tailgate food of burgers and brats, the hunger bunnies still have to be satisfied. A delicious accompaniment to your beverage of choice while you wait are these two-bite morsels.
When the weather dips, tailgating calls for hot soups. Check out these recipes.
In the belly-filling fare of potluck football parties, who knew a man-pleasing dish could have secret nutritional value? Enter the Chili Cheese Haystack.
Put on a twist on your tailgate menu this weekend. These alternative “sliders” will not only be super delicious snacks for the vegetarian, but will have the die-hard carnivores clamoring for their share, too.
Dessert often gets neglected at tailgating functions, but whip up a batch of this homemade slow cooker bread pudding and your tailgating buds will be begging you for more.
The grill is made for more than just hot dogs and brats. Use it as a cooktop for hot dips like this Mexican favorite: FUNdido.
Nothing screams Pennsylvania Dutch warm-weather cooking than a good, old-fashioned apple dumpling. Be the hit at your next tailgate party with this sweet fall treat.
Whether you’re tailgating in jeans and a T-shirt at Candlestick Park or huddled around a roaring barrel grill at Lambeau Field, nothing screams NFL football season like a steaming, mouth-blistering bowl of five-alarm chili.
It’s party time and beers and brats are the football fare of choice. Step up the flavor by thinking way beyond mustard and onions with these brat-topping ideas
Last time I went to Kuma’s, I was in immense jaw pain. To even open my mouth sent torturous fissures throughout my body. Eating a gigantic bar burger seems insane when you’re under this kind of pain. But that’s exactly what I did.Kuma’s is that good. But are they the best?
Home-made jalapeño poppers are easier to make than one would think. They are the perfect snack for any football game because they can be enjoyed at home or, if you make them in advance, you can bring them along to a tailgate.
You don’t have to live in the Big Apple to enjoy the immense taste of it. Even if the Giants aren’t your team, Big Apple Burgers will taste great to fans from all regions.
This universally popular vegetable lends itself easily to infinite variety and this recipe is a far cry from the ubiquitous bland-as-vanilla version. It is a delicious accompaniment to grilled meats, stands alone as a main dish and is an appetizing salad.
In the midst of preparing and packing all the paraphernalia that needs to be transported for a tailgating event, dessert is often left forgotten. For those with a sweet tooth that crave something a little more fancy, nothing tickles the palate as much as dainty, pretty, one-bite cake pops.
Do you have a favorite burger in Chicago? Well then let us know! We want to eat your burger. Then we want to judge it harshly.
Regardless of what football team you root for, you are sure to be a fan of this amazing recipe. Easy and fun to make, these are a true treat for the mouth and will have all your football buddies saying, “please pass the peppers!”
If you’re looking for a surefire crowd pleaser, All-American Buffalo Chicken Dip is the way to go. Every time this makes a cameo appearance during the season, it’s always the first to get scarfed up by fans. And that includes chicks who are watching their figure.
Sliders are one of the best tailgating options out there. However, with the popularity of generic cheeseburgers, tailgating taste buds can get bored. Add some Italian flair to the mix with a hearty mini-meatball sub. This will bring heartwarming flavors to the party without all of the spaghetti.
One of the best snacks to munch on during a football game is guacamole. A sweet-and-spicy take on this typical avocado delight is guaranteed to please a rowdy crowd.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!