Keep your umbrella handy today. Heavy rain and thunderstorms are moving through the Chicago area.
It’s looking like a messy week of weather for the Chicago area, with more rain likely on and off Tuesday, severe thunderstorms possible Wednesday, and even some snow possible Wednesday night into Thursday.
It’s March 22, the third day of spring, but you’d never guess it by going outside or checking the forecast. So who do we blame for the lack of spring weather? Maybe we can follow the lead of an Ohio prosecutor, and take the groundhog to court.
We just got a briefing from CBS 2′s meteorologist Steve Baskerville on the dynamics of Tuesday’s storm.
A freezing rain advisory for Chicago area.
A fast-moving storm will create moderate to heavy snowfall for a couple of hours on Tuesday afternoon.
Remember Tuesday? When Chicago set a record for warmth? Tonight, temperatures will be more than 60 degrees lower!
hicago weather can be crazy in January, but this is one for the record books.
An inch of snowfall in January wouldn’t typically even be noticed by most Chicagoans, but this year is a bit different.
We are at the halfway point of what experts call “meteorological winter” and it really hasn’t amounted to much.
The day after Chicago set a “snowless” record, the area is expected to experience near-record high temperatures.
Chicago will likely set a record for the most days without at least an inch of snow on the ground, and there is little prospect for any measurable snowfall for the next week.
If a few snowflakes help to put you in a more festive holiday mood, you may be in luck on Monday.
Chicago residents should enjoy this afternoon’s relatively mild temperatures, as showers and storms are expected to roll in later this afternoon.
Cloudy conditions this morning will give way to a cool, clear afternoon, as slight winds push away the clouds.
A gloomy forecast for the weekend, with showers, and possibly some severe thunderstorms on Saturday.
A chilly, cloudless day greeted Chicagoans on Wednesday, and fall colors are nearing the peak stage.
Clouds are beginning to take over Chicago’s skyline on Tuesday, with rain expected tonight.
A cold front bearing down on Chicago will send temperatures plummeting on Friday.
Scattered showers for the rest of today will give way to a nice, warm, sunny Thursday–but that won’t last into the weekend.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!