The timing couldn’t have been better for a family from north suburban Geneva when they hit the jackpot after finding some old Lotto tickets stuffed in a cookie jar.
Housing advocates have thrown their support behind an ordinance introduced to the Chicago City Council, saying it could help renters and keep neighborhoods safer.
Homeowners facing foreclosure on their properties could find help tomorrow at a Keep Your Home, Illinois event sponsored by the state.
Nearly 150 angry homeowners and renters, many facing foreclosure, jammed a near West Side union hall to demand a moratorium on evictions.
Romney negotiated a $10 million federal bailout for his company, but has called for foreclosures to be allowed to “hit bottom” and letting Detroit go bankrupt.
Common may be in jeopardy of losing his Chicago condominium to foreclosure, according to an online report.
New figures suggest lenders are catching up on Chicago-area home foreclosures after last year’s robo-signing scandal forestalled some of them.
Since the City Council approved an ordinance holding banks accountable for vacant properties, the city has collected more than $600,000 in fines from financial institutions.
Chicago has one of the highest delinquent mortgage rates in the country, and a government-sponsored program is being held in Rosemont Monday for struggling homeowners.
Tenants of an apartment building that’s in foreclosure in the Austin neighborhood on Chicago’s West Side say they’re fed up and are threatening a rent strike.
CBS 2’s Mike Parker first reported on the plight of Mary Alice Keeler in September, and now there are signs that authorities may be about to make their move to force her out of her house.
A local branch of the NAACP wants to make sure homeowners know their rights when it comes to foreclosure.
Chicago-born singer R-Kelly’s suburban home is on the market following a foreclosure suit this summer.
The massive Addison Park on Clark hotel-residential-retail development in Wrigleyville got the green light from the City Council last year, despite heated opposition from many neighbors.
Foreclosure can happen to anybody, even an elderly retired nun from Chicago. She’s been foreclosed and is worried about being put out on the street, CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
The developer of the defunct Chicago Spire condo tower is now the subject of a foreclosure lawsuit on his Gold Coast home.
The owners of a rooftop club across from Wrigley Field have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, in order to block a foreclosure auction that was set to go ahead within hours.
Cook County officials are looking for nearly 2,000 former property owners who are due money after a foreclosure.
The State of Illinois is using federal money to help delinquent homeowners.
You’re underwater, you’re upside down, but you’re not in foreclosure. You can afford the monthly payment on your home, but it’s eating up most of your income. That’s the situation for many homeowners and as CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports some are choosing to give up their homes.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!