Time is ticking away for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who is now spending his final week at his family’s home in the Ravenswood Manor neighborhood before he must report for his 14-year prison term.
Exactly two weeks before former Gov. Rod Blagojevich is scheduled to report to prison, a federal judge has ordered that nearly $22,000 be seized from Blagojevich’s state pension fund to pay off the fines and penalties that were part of his sentence on corruption charges.
It’s official. Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich will serve his 14-year prison sentence at the Colorado facility he had requested.
Rod Blagojevich’s defense attorneys have officially taken the first step toward an appeal of the former governor’s conviction on 18 corruption counts.
Lawyers for former Gov. Rod Blagojevich will be back in court on Monday to ask for a new trial, claiming misconduct by the forewoman from the jury that convicted him of 17 corruption counts.
Rod Blagojevich’s attorneys have asked to have him placed in a drug and alcohol abuse program when he starts his 14-year prison sentence for corruption, though they aren’t saying if the former Illinois governor has a problem or if it’s a legal move.
Deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich has won an extra 30 days before he will have to report to prison.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) was speaking out for the first time on Thursday about the 14-year sentence handed down to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
A day after he was sentenced to 14 years in prison, disgraced former Gov. Rod Blagojevich got more bad news when Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan issued a legal opinion that he shouldn’t collect his state pension.
Rod Blagojevich’s brother, Robert, said the former governor was “holding up very well” on Thursday, a day after a federal judge sentenced him to 14 years in prison for his convictions on 18 fraud charges.
Illinois politicians were quick to weigh in after former Gov. Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison on Wednesday for his corruption convictions, largely saying they hope it puts an end to corruption in the governor’s office.
Members of the jury that convicted Rod Blagojevich of 17 corruption counts this past summer said they saw a very different man in court on Wednesday from the cocky, glad-handing politician they watched for more nearly two months at his trial.
Ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison on Wednesday, after apologizing for making “terrible mistakes,” capping a nearly three-year saga for Illinois.
After being dealt an early setback from the judge hearing his case, defense attorneys for former Gov. Rod Blagojevich made an impassioned plea for mercy at his sentencing hearing, drawing on his family’s own words about the devastating impact a long sentence would have on them.
One day before Rod Blagojevich’s sentencing hearing was set to begin, federal prosecutors reasserted that the former governor has never accepted responsibility for his crimes and urged the judge to reject Blagojevich’s push for leniency.
It’s a quiet weekend for convicted ex-governor Rod Blagojevich and his family, just days before his sentencing hearing.
Federal prosecutors intend to ask a federal judge to sentence former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich to a 15- to 20-year prison term. But defense attorneys are seeking a much lighter sentence, arguing Blagojevich never profited from the crimes on which he was convicted and caused no public harm.
The federal judge who will sentence impeached Gov. Rod Blagojevich on corruption charges has harsh words for one of the former governor’s latest legal moves.
Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich is asking to play wiretap recordings that were previously placed under seal when he’s sentenced next month.
Antoin “Tony” Rezko, a top adviser and fundraiser for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich, has been sentenced to 10 1/2 in prison, a full three years after he was convicted on corruption charges.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!