Fourth of July
Ready to go country? For longtime fans and those just getting into the genre, the Chicagoland area offers numerous country western-themed bars and nightclubs. Use the following bars to saddle up, round up your friends and get ready to hit the town.
Sources say at least 28 people were arrested overnight for a series of violent attacks across the city, including 11 arrested for beating a man leaving the July 4th fireworks at Navy Pier.
Gunfire has taken another deadly toll on the city, leaving at least three people dead and 13 more wounded in shootings on the 4th of July alone.
Boston Uses Confetti Cannons Purchased For Patriots Super Bowl Parade For Its 4th Of July Celebration
Word broke Wednesday afternoon that the city of Boston will use the same confetti cannons purchased in anticipation for the Patriots Super Bowl parade to entertain its citizen for the Fourth of July.
Such is the first half of the year in sports. In the spirit of the highs and lows of Independence Day, here are the bangs and duds of the sports year up until now, both locally and abroad.
If you’re as big of a (party pooper) stickler for nutrition as I am, or if you’re just simply looking to rotate in some fresh and delicious kid-enticing treats at, say, your Fourth of July party, you’ve landed on the right article (read: there will be no mention of anything marshmallows or fluff or those little black and white cookies that are chalked full of equal parts of sinful and good).
You can’t have a Fourth of July without fireworks. Fortunately, Navy Pier isn’t the only place to go to watch them. Many of the Chicago suburbs are also hosting their own displays, many accompanied by food fests and as they say, “fun for the whole family.” (Except that 13-year-old who thinks everything is uncool, including fireworks.)
Are you looking for a place to watch fireworks in the Chicago area?
Pyro Spectaculars produces some of the biggest July 4th fireworks displays. We talked to them about their plans for this year.
His lifeless body fell to the ground during a Fourth of July parade. Doctors say he was dead, but on Tuesday the Bartlett resident was breathing and talking about what happened.
Big crowds turned out Monday in Winnetka to say thanks to Navy Cmdr Dan Adams, who served eight months in Iraq as a pilot. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
With Americans across the nation pausing to mark the nation’s birthday on Monday, many people in the Chicago area were taking their Independence Day celebrations to the suburbs, as the city has scaled back its own Fourth of July festivities.
Chicagoans were celebrating Independence Day on a bit more modest scale on Monday. It’s a day for family, fireworks, and fun; and for many, that means heading out for a parade.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel will celebrate the Independence Day holiday by watching fireworks Monday night with friends.
The Fourth of July is the biggest grilling day of the year, and many will flock to the lakefront and Chicago area parks to enjoy a few burgers, hot dogs and anything else some hot coals can turn into a meal.
Drivers out late over this Fourth of July weekend might notice they have company on the road – more police.
Listen live to special Fourth of July programming at these CBS radio stations wherever you are across the country. Whether you’re looking for summer favorites or country classics, there’s a weekend-long playlist for you and […]
Whether you’re planning a barbeque, fireworks-viewing party or road trip, we’ve got your patriotic soundtrack covered! America’s countryside, cities, freedom and flag have been the inspiration for countless songwriters. Many of the U.S.’s most distinctive […]
These early American history legends may be conventional wisdom, and some are even taught in school, but they definitely are not facts. The following myths originated from poems, stories that changed over time or historical […]
While America does love its movies about sexy bank robbers knocking off banks and street-racers smashing up cop cars, there’s still always an audience for a good patriotic movie. Whether it’s about the US of […]
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!