Francis Cardinal George
But at the same time – their flier and their members – asked parishioners to ask the cardinal for more: to release more files on abusive priests.
Cardinal Francis George spoke with CBS 2′s Chief Correspondent Jay Levine in his first public comments since the election of Pope Francis.
Francis Cardinal George has written a letter to priests asking that Catholics contact their lawmakers and oppose same-sex marriage in Illinois.
An 80-year-old South Side Catholic pastor who was active in the Civil Rights Movement is now butting heads with his replacement, and with Francis Cardinal George.
George said Friday he is still formulating a plan with his physicians to treat his latest cancer diagnosis.
More medical tests are planned for this week for Francis Cardinal George, as he faces another cancer fight.
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago has an update on Cardinal Francis George, who is once again facing a cancer diagnosis.
The Chick-Fil-A controversy now has Francis Cardinal George upset, but Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) –who said he would deny the fast food restaurant a permit to open in his ward – is firing back.
Rain softly began to fall on Wednesday as Francis Cardinal George completed prayers at Mt. Olivet Cemetery for dozens of people whose bodies had been stored at the county morgue since November or December.
The debate over mandatory contraception coverage is a watershed moment, according to Francis Cardinal George.
Francis Cardinal George took part in the Holy Saturday traditional blessing of baskets of food for Easter Sunday meals at St. Mary of Czestochowa Parish in Cicero.
Francis Cardinal George is back from Italy and talking about something he’s very concerned about: President Obama’s mandate for employers to cover health care costs, including birth control.
Just days after state lawmakers introduced legislation to legalize gay marriage in Illinois, Chicago’s Gay Liberation Network led a demonstration outside Holy Name Cathedral Sunday morning.
Francis Cardinal George came out with guns blazing against a federal rule that would require employers to pay for contraception for their staff, but President Barack Obama has now announced changes to the rule.
Effective this summer, the Rev. Michael Pfleger will begin sharing his pastoral duties at St. Sabina parish in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood, but will take on a new role in developing anti-violence initiatives for the Chicago Archdiocese.
The Chicago Archdiocese is said to be weighing options to improve its financial health.
The controversy has persisted into the new year surrounding Francis Cardinal George’s remarks comparing the gay rights movement to the Ku Klux Klan.
A gay rights advocacy group is placing a full page ad on the Chicago Tribune, taking Francis Cardinal George to task for his remarks comparing the “gay liberation movement” to the Ku Klux Klan and calling on him to resign immediately.
Amid new calls for an apology for comparing the gay rights movement to the Ku Klux Klan, Francis Cardinal George has defended his statements, saying organizers of the Gay Pride Parade “invited” the comparison.
There were pickets outside, but applause inside, as Gov. Pat Quinn presented an award to a rape victims’ advocate at on behalf of an abortion rights group Thursday.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!