For the first time in more than three weeks, the Chicago White Sox have company atop the AL Central.
Max Scherzer allowed four hits in eight scoreless innings, and the Detroit Tigers pulled within a game of first place with a 5-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Saturday night.
Hard to tell where the Chicago White Sox might be without Kevin Youkilis. He’s been what they expected and needed when the veteran third baseman was acquired from Boston. And much more.
World Series aside, this may be Kenny Williams’ best season as White Sox general manager.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
A.J. Pierzynski tied a White Sox record by homering in his fifth consecutive game, a go-ahead, two-run drive in the seventh inning off Jason Isringhausen that led Chicago over the Los Angeles Angels 4-2 Sunday.
White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said the team knew exactly what they were getting when they dealt for the 28-year-old – the key is just to eliminate those inconsistent moments.
A.J. Pierzynski hit a two-run home run in the ninth inning and the Chicago White Sox held on to beat the Minnesota Twins 4-3 Tuesday night.
The White Sox optioned Hector Santiago to Triple-A Charlotte Monday to make room for newly acquired pitcher Francisco Liriano.
It’s no secret White Sox general manager Kenny Williams is one of the most aggressive GMs in the game.
Chris Sale isn’t on a specific innings count, but it’s becoming obvious the left-hander needs to limit his innings right now if he’s going to be counted on in September.
White Sox fans can be excused for an initially negative reaction to hearing that the Twins’ Francisco Liriano had been acquired late last night for utility man Eduardo Escobar and minor-league starter Pedro Hernandez.
The Sox have acquired left handed pitcher Francisco Liriano from the Twins in exchange for infielder Eduardo Escobar and lefty Pedro Hernandez.
Youkilis will bat second for the White Sox, with Gordon Beckham getting dropped to the No. 9 spot in the order.
Ryan Dempster further raised his trade value with eight shutout innings, pitching the Chicago Cubs past the Minnesota Twins 8-2 Sunday.
Minnesota has had the White Sox’s number over the last three years, but if the Sox are serious about winning this year, they need to beat the Twins.
It can’t get any worse for the White Sox. This has to be the bottom of the seemingly endless downward spiral for the team.
The White Sox’s start to the season has Jerry Reinsdorf in the middle of a bad dream.
The only proper way to render what that was last night would be to have it painted in oil by Bruegel the Elder and hung in the Prado.
Francisco Liriano pitched the major leagues’ first no-hitter of the season, throwing his first career complete game in the Minnesota Twins’ 1-0 victory over the Chicago White Sox
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!