Fraternal Order of Police
There is heavy friction between the Chicago police union and CeaseFire after the anti-violence organization helped a shooting suspect turn himself in earlier this week. CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey reports.
Chicago police officers went door-to-door in the Austin neighborhood on Wednesday, urging local residents to speak out about what they might know about the murder of an off-duty police officer last week.
The Fraternal Order of Police filed a legal motion Thursday with the ultimate goal of dismissing an ACLU lawsuit that accused the city of Chicago of depriving some inner-city neighborhoods of adequate police protection.
The Chicago Fraternal Order of Police is concerned about police station lobbies becoming homeless shelters in bad weather.
Chicago Police officers have won the right to a 24-hour cooling-off period from the time they shoot someone to the time they must speak to an independent investigator.
The Fraternal Order of Police today held a memorial to honor four Chicago Police officers who have died in the line of duty within the last year.
The Chicago Police Department is planning to investigate more than 1,000 of its own officers for looking up the police report of a woman allegedly sexually assaulted by two on-duty officers.
A group of black ministers is demanding Mayor Richard M. Daley and Police Superintendent Jody Weis keep their promise to put more cops in high crime areas.
Gery Chico Wednesday picked up the backing of the Fraternal Order of Police, which made its first endorsement in a Chicago mayor’s race in 20 years.
The stage is set for a confrontation over Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis’ upcoming plan to reallocate police resources from lower-crime districts to those that need more officers.
The Chicago Police Department has tweaked its plan to raise the minimum application age for police recruits to 25, in the face of opposition from the Fraternal Order of Police and some aldermen.
The Fraternal Order of Police is threatening a lawsuit, after seven Chicago Police officers were stripped of their powers on claims that they beat a handcuffed suspect, only for two to be cleared within days.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!