By: Tony Meale NFL Free Agency has begun ( check out our Free Agency Tracker here ) and we’re taking a look at which players each team and division needs to pick up to improve […]
According to a report, the Chicago White Sox have signed former Chicago Cub Doug Davis to a Minor League contract.
One of the major criticisms of the Chicago Blackhawks last season was a lack of grit and toughness, especially among the defenseman. And judging by the free agent signings of general manager Stan Bowman, that need has been addressed.
Optimistic reports about the NFL Lockout have started to come in with more frequency over the previous few days, leading most to believe that a deal will be reached soon. Once that deal is reached, the Bears will have another big negotiation.
Prince Fielder is only 27 years old, currently tied for the NL lead in RBI and was just christened as MVP of the 2011 All-Star Game. He’s also a free agent-to-be, wants a megabucks deal and measures in at 5-foot-11, 275 pounds.
When baseball resumes on Thursday, Cubs fans will have to face the the reality of watching their team, most likely, struggle through the final 70 games of the season. And after that, comes an offseason where they’ll demand significant change.
While the representatives for the NFL owners and players continue to try and reach an agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement, there’s a group of players not only uncertain when they’ll play again, but also where they’ll play.
NFL fans yearning to have some actual football news to and discuss could soon have their wish. According to a report by Houston’s SportsRadio 610, the NFL will initiate a 12-day plan to resume football activities beginning Saturday at midnight.
A rookie wage scale and free agency for veterans appear to be the biggest stumbling blocks to ending the NFL lockout.
July 1 marks the opening day of NHL free agency, and the Chicago Blackhawks got off to an active start, signing four players pretty early on.
On Wednesday, the Chicago Blackhawks sent a seventh round pick to the Buffalo Sabres for the negotiating rights to defenseman Steve Montador.
When the NBA sorts out its labor strife and opens up free agency, the Chicago Bulls may have some competition if they want to re-sign veteran forward Kurt Thomas.
Handcuffed by the salary cap after winning the Stanley Cup, general manager Stan Bowman was limited in what he could do to improve the team heading into the following season. As a result, the 2010 and 2011 versions of the Blackhawks looked drastically different.
On the heels of the NFL owners meeting in suburban Chicago, there seems to be a mixture of positive and negative thinking towards the league and players being able to reach an agreement before football is missed.
With reports that the NFL and NFL Players Associations are making progress towards a new collective bargaining agreement, teams may soon be able to address needs via free agency. For the Chicago Bears, there’s a big need at receiver.
Reports surfaced on Wednesday that the framework for a new collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the players could be finalized by this weekend, and officially agreed on by July.
After losing in the conference finals, Chicago Bulls fans are excited to see what moves the organization makes in the offseason to help them improve on the 2011 season.
Last week, Chicago Bulls analyst Kendall Gill said that if Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard wanted to win championships, then Chicago was the best fit for him. However, it sounds as if Howard plans on chasing titles while in Orlando.
Chicago, like any city, has seen its share of free agent disasters through the years. Bryan Cox, Eddie Robinson, Danny Jackson all come to mind. But how often do you get to see on one night two acquisitions that as of now look like colossal screwups?
After the Chicago Bulls lost to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals on Thursday night, the consensus seems to be that if they had one more perimeter scorer, that they could have enough firepower to knock off the Heat.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.225
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!