CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Fumes

Rescue crews pulled two men from a sewer in Long Grove, after they were overcome by gas fumes while working inside. (Credit: Jon Altenberg/Sun-Times Media)

Two Men Overcome By Fumes, Rescued From Sewer

What started as a routine sewer-rodding job became life-threatening Thursday morning in Long Grove.

07/12/2013

The Old Chicago Main Post Office building at 433 W. Van Buren St. (Credit: CBS)

Durbin, Amtrak: Venting Issues At Old Post Office Hurt Union Station

U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin said Monday he hopes the owner of the Old Post Office building is going to make good on his word to help vent harmful exhaust fumes from Union Station, located just below the building.

CBS Chicago–02/06/2012

(File photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

8 Julian Students Hospitalized With Breathing Problems From Hot Tar Fumes

Eight students at Percy Julian High School were hospitalized Thursday afternoon after they developed breathing problems from hot tar fumes.

CBS Chicago–09/22/2011

Chicago Police Officer Kevin Robinson (handout/CBS)

Police Officer Died After Inhaling Fumes

Noxious chemical fumes caused the death of a Chicago police officer, weeks after he breathed in fumes from a cleaning solution at the Morgan Park District police station, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

CBS Chicago–09/21/2011

(File photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

Hinsdale South Students, Staff Sickened By Fumes

Six people at Hinsdale South High School in Darien had to get medical attention today after fumes from an herbicide drifted into the building.

09/15/2011

Ambulance

Ambulances Sent To Lansing Dry Cleaners

Ambulances were dispatched to a dry cleaners in south suburban Lansing in Monday morning for what a witness reported was fumes.

CBS Chicago–03/07/2011

(File photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

Fumes Sicken 12 At Suburban Apartment Building

Investigators have yet to determine the source of fumes sickened a number of people Monday night in an Elgin apartment building.

02/14/2011

Hazmat Generic

Aurora Gym Evacuated Due To Chemical Fumes

An athletic center in west suburban Aurora remained closed this morning after an accidental chemical mixture near the gym’s pool created toxic fumes.

01/24/2011