A Gage Park High School student forced a learning disabled girl to perform a sex act on him in the South Side school’s band room while his classmate acted as a lookout, Cook County prosecutors said Friday.
The man was found unresponsive with a gunshot wound to the left side about 5 p.m. in the 2300 block of West 50th Street.
One person is dead and three others wounded from gun violence in the city between Friday evening and Saturday morning.
Two men were shot late Friday in the Southwest Side Gage Park neighborhood.
14 local high school students are heading to Washington this morning to watch President Obama’s swearing in ceremony.
hicago Police seized more than $1 million in cash Tuesday night after arresting two men on drug charges in the Southwest Side Gage Park neighborhood.
Three people, including a brother and sister, are charged with robbing a Gage Park neighborhood store at gunpoint and critically wounding a witness who followed them from the scene.
A man died after he was shot at least four times – including in the face and chest – in a Gage Park neighborhood alley Wednesday night on the Southwest Side, authorities said.
“I think it’s incredible. I mean, we couldn’t have asked for anything better,” January Overton said. “I truly believe that this is gonna change drastically what’s happening on our block, and in the area.”
Two men are dead and at least six others wounded from gun violence in Chicago since Friday evening.
Family, friends and colleagues of a “larger than life” Chicago firefighter were mourning the loss of a man who they said “was always a hero to us.”
Eight people were injured in a bus crash late Monday morning in the Gage Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Five people – three of them children – were injured Saturday afternoon in the Gage Park neighborhood.
Two people are dead, and six others have been injured, in shootings so far this weekend.
One man was killed, and six more were injured, in shootings around Chicago overnight.
The 16-year-old was shot about 2:08 p.m. in the 5800 block of South Fairfield Avenue, according to police. He was shot in the chest and was dead at the scene.
Six Chicago Park District outdoor swimming pools throughout the city opened Sunday after being closed for repairs.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Two Southwest Side men are charged this morning with carrying out a series of carjackings. As WBBM Newsradio’s Bernie Tafoya reports, police say James Mitchell, 37, and Arredeus Green, 21, both of […]
A man was shot dead Friday night next door to the Southwest Side Gage Park neighborhood home where he lived.
Chicago police are conducting what appears to be a homicide investigation on the Southwest Side involving a four-year old victim.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.148
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!