The Chicago Bulls have made it to the Eastern Conference finals, largely, do to their ability to close out games. But in the last two contests against the Miami Heat, the Bulls have faltered down the stretch and lost.
Over the three-day layoff between Game 2 and game 3 of the conference finals, every aspect of the Bulls and the Heat will be dissected and analyzed. But it’s likely the key for Chicago won’t be found after hours of film study, it might be quite simple.
The Bulls lost Game 2 of the conference finals by 10 points. But considering that the Bulls shot 34.1 percent from the floor, 15 percent from the three-point line and 61.5 percent from the free throw line, there’s two ways to credit the outcome of the game.
What in the hell happened at the United Center last night? One minute, Luol Deng is putting Chicago on top 26-19 after one quarter of play with a three-quarter-court basket…a shot that made you think that the night was definitely going to be Chicago’s night.
Everything in Chicago was great after the Bulls 21-point win in Game 1, but after losing to the Miami Heat in Game 2, some doubt may have started to creep up among Bulls fans.
Outside of the play of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem had the biggest impact for the Miami Heat in their 85-75 win over the Chicago Bulls in Game 2, and it was something the Heat happened to luck into.
Game 1 and Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals between the Bulls and the Heat are polar opposites of each other. After taking the opening game by 21-points, the Bulls now head to Miami with the series all knotted up.
Chicago had a dreadful shooting night in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals. It led to an 85-75 Heat victory on Wednesday night at the United Center.
Call it ‘Mission Accomplished’ for the Miami Heat. They wrestled away homecourt advantage. Last night 2 > 10. Many people will spend the next few days telling you that the Bulls beat themselves.
Sports Illustrated NBA writer Ian Thomsen says the rest of the Bulls’ NBA Eastern Conference Finals series with the Miami Heat will be a “battle,” and the Bulls remain as competitive as ever.
Bulls fans were hoping for a little breathing room in the series, and losing at home was especially tough. Still, optimism reigns.
The Miami Heat evened up the Eastern Conference finals at one game apiece with their 85-75 win over the Chicago Bulls.
The Miami Heat are a team built around their two superstars, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James, as well as All-Star Chris Bosh, who make up the Big 3. But in Game 1 that group wasn’t good enough to beat the Chicago Bulls.
The Chicago Bulls won Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals by 21 points. Despite the rout of the Miami Heat, Chicago still only leads the series 1-0, and they’ll need to win Game 2 to preserve home-court advantage.
Things didn’t go very well for LeBron Jame and the Miami Heat during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals. They can thank Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls for a 21-point loss to open the series.
The Heat are going to come out swinging in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Miami was embarrassed in Game 1. Chicago dominated the boards, shot well from 3-point land and Taj Gibson posterized Dwyane Wade.
Derrick Rose said the Bulls had both a “great” and “professional” practice on Tuesday. That bodes well because for the most part, becuase when the Bulls practice well they usually follow it up well in their next game.
The Chicago Bulls took Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals with a 103-82 victory over the Miami Heat on Sunday night. When the two teams square off again on Wednesday night, it could be a must-win game for Miami.
The Atlanta Hawks took heart from the way they played in the first two games at Chicago. And they’re taking note of what’s happening in the rest of the NBA playoffs.
NBA Commissioner David Stern was on hand for Game 2 of the Bulls-Hawks series to present Derrick Rose his MVP trophy in front of the Chicago crowd.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!