For most fans, the pain of the Chicago Bulls losing to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals in May has long since subsided. But for Derrick Rose, getting over the 2010-11 season hasn’t been a quick process.
In a must-win game, the Chicago Bulls had another late game scoring drought as they dropped Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals by a score of 83-80.
Not too long ago, former Oak Lawn Richards High School star Dwyane Wade received a nice welcoming when his Miami Heat made the trip to the United Center, but that’s no longer the case.
The injury to Omer Asik is proving to have a bigger impact than many would expect an injury to a team’s backup center should have. But with as much as the Bulls bench plays, head coach Tom Thibodeau will now have to make a tough decision.
After Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals, Bulls fans were ready to welcome either the Mavericks or the Thunder to the United Center for the NBA Finals. But panic seems to have risen among some of those same fans after the last three games.
Backs up against the wall, do or die and even win or go home. All the cliches apply tonight as the Bulls try and stave off elimination in their series against Miami.
The Eastern Conference finals took a dramatic turn for the Chicago Bulls following a 21-point rout of the Miami Heat in Game 1. Over their next three games, the Bulls would struggle in the second half and found themselves coming up short to the Heat.
Throughout the regular season and into the playoffs, Derrick Rose has been the best player on the court night in and night out. But it’s his attitude, and his commitment to winning, that lifts his teammates to his level.
Tom Thibodeau gave his troops the day off Wednesday. He’s a smart coach, since he knows they are tired and also knows they are in for a battle come Thursday night.
Taj Gibson is in his second season in the NBA, he was the Chicago Bulls’ second, first round draft pick in 2009. Over his career he’s chipped in with big performances off of the bench, but none bigger than Tuesday night.
Derrick Rose scored 33 points to lead the Chicago Bulls past the Atlanta Hawks in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series.
Tuesday night’s Game 5 could have been the clinching game for the Chicago Bulls, but instead it’s turned into a relative must-win game.
During Game 4 of the Chicago Bulls’ matchup with the Atlanta Hawks, Derrick Rose saw one team playing harder, chasing down loose balls and scoring easy baskets. But there was one small problem.
Keith Bogans didn’t practice Tuesday morning but will play and start in Game 5 against the Atlanta Hawks. Bogans got some precautionary extra rest from Tom Thibodeau for his sore right ankle.
The Chicago Bulls will bring a lot to Tuesday night’s game agaisnt the Atlanta Hawks: the NBA’s Most Valuable Player and Coach of the Year as well as a Second Team All-Defensive player.
The Chicago Bulls had the opportunity to take control of their Eastern Conference semifinal series with Atlanta Hawks in Game 4, but a late Hawks run tied the series at two games apiece.
The Chicago Bulls are moving on to the second round of the 2011 NBA Playoffs after posting a 116-89 beat down over the Indiana Pacers to win the series 4-1.
The Bulls last night showed everyone why they had the best regular-season record in the NBA, as they dispatched the pesky Indiana Pacers in a dominating Game Five.
The Chicago Bulls have struggled with the Indiana Pacers through the first four games of this first-round series, but have still managed to take a 3-1 lead and can eliminate the Pacers on Tuesday night.
The Chicago Bulls had a chance to sweep the pesky Indiana Pacers out of the Playoffs in Game 4, but an injured Derrick Rose wasn’t able to muster his usual brilliance.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!