Newsradio spoke with one of the physicians who tried to save 6-month-old Jonylah Watkins in her final hours.
Police busted street drug sales operations in 10 district across the city over a three-day period ending Saturday, police superintendent Garry McCarthy announced Sunday.
In the latest effort to curb a murder rate that has propelled Chicago into the national spotlight this summer, police Supt. Garry McCarthy says gang members can no longer expect to be released on recognizance bonds.
Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy has found a new way to keep gang members off their street corners.
Three men reported to be street gang members were wounded in a drive-by shooting in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side Sunday morning.
The Chicago Police Department on Saturday announced that 22 alleged gang members were arrested and quantities of heroin, crack cocaine and cannabis were seized during two drug market raids on Friday on the city’s South and West sides.
Chicago police say they arrested ten gang members and seized drugs and weapons Friday night in a bust in the Englewood neighborhood.
Federal immigration agents and police have arrested 29 reputed street gang members in the Chicago area, all but one of them foreign nationals. It was part of a larger national crackdown.
A police stop for loud music turned into a chase and the arrest of two reputed gang members and the recovery of a gun.
Three alleged gang members in the south suburbs are in serious trouble, after police say they fought with officers and tried to start a riot during a traffic stop last week.
Police say two known gang members tried to ram the car of an off-duty officer after threatening him with a gun on the West Side over the weekend.
Three admitted gang members are facing felony charges for the beatings of two northwest suburban boys on Wednesday.
Law enforcement officials in far northwest suburban Elgin say they’re seeing a significant drop in gang activity, and they are crediting a unique crime-fighting tool.
Two Latin Kings gang members will plead guilty to one count of racketeering, with one of them accepting responsibility for two 2007 shooting deaths in Griffith, Ind.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!