Six-month-old Jonylah Watkins died after she was shot multiple times Monday afternoon in the Woodlawn neighborhood as dad Jonathan Watkins, a reputed gang member, was changing her diaper in a minivan.
Chicago’s crackdown on violence at gang funerals took a different turn Thursday, as police took pre-emptive action to remove a potential gang target from a funeral site.
Three men were wounded, none seriously, in two shootings in Humboldt Park and Lawndale overnight.
Five people–including two teenagers–were wounded in shootings from Tuesday night into early Wednesday.
Chicago police busted a gang-controlled drug market in the West Side Austin neighborhood, nabbing 14 people and taking more than $20,000 worth of drugs off the street, authorities announced Friday.
A Rogers Park man stands charged with shooting and killing a 13-year-old boy in a pizzeria at Foster Avenue and Broadway in the Uptown neighborhood.
A 5-year-old boy was fatally shot in an apparent gang-related attack Friday night in northwest suburban Elgin, police said.
A man was wounded in a gang-related shooting before sundown Tuesday, on the northern edge of the trendy Roscoe Village district.
A young woman has been charged with the gang-related murder of man Thursday evening near his East Chicago neighborhood home.
A man was killed in an apparent gang-related shooting Friday night on the Southwest Side.
A 16-year-old boy is dead after being fatally shot in a possible gang-related shooting in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood.
Two men, each in the age range of 17 to 20, were shot about 4:10 p.m. near South Winchester Avenue and West 49th Street.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.98
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!