Being a police officer just got more dangerous in Chicago. According to information gathered by the Cook County Sheriff’s office, a street gang wants to ambush and kill police officers near 19th and Oakley west of the Loop. CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports.
Chicago Police said a 19-year-old man was shot in the arm early this morning – and drove himself to a firehouse to get help.
Rony Monzon has scars near his heart. He was seriously wounded in July when he protected his friend from what he said was gunfire meant for a gangbanger.
Two Elgin men were arrested in the West Side Austin neighborhood Saturday with a loaded automatic weapon that they planned to use to avenge the shooting death of a friend.
A gang member was charged with attempted murder Friday after allegedly shooting an off-duty Chicago Police officer three times early Monday.
A 23-year-old Evanston man was fatally shot in the head, his body left in a rear alley just north of Evanston High School.
Roosevelt J. Yarber, 17, was arrested and charged after a witness allegedly told officers that Yarber had a handgun during a funeral service.
Porshe Foster, 15, was a sophomore in high school, a straight-A student, an aspiring architect, and an athlete. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
A man was shot and killed in a gang-related attack late Friday in Englewood.
Manning’s jersey has been banned from a Colorado school district because the number 18 is often related to certain local gangs.
A police officer in Cicero shot a suspected gang member fleeing from police Thursday evening in the western suburb.
Following another bloody weekend of gang mayhem in Chicago, Mayor Emanuel and his top police commanders on Tuesday announced a new plan to help stop the bloodshed.
Garry McCarthy says the intelligence is there. It’s just a matter of getting the information to beat officers so they can anticipate a retaliatory gang shooting.
Just a couple of weeks before Election Day, Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown is trying to figure out what to do about a long-time employee of the clerk’s office who is an alleged gang leader.
A Chicago gang leader who prosecutors say oversaw a sophisticated and brutal organization with at least 10,000 “soldiers” in Illinois — even while he was in prison — that beat, shot and extorted money from rivals was sentenced Wednesday to 60 years in federal prison.
Police have busted up a gang-controlled drug market in the Rogers Park neighborhood, in an undercover operation that has resulted in charges against 20 people.
A grammar school student has been charged with murder in Monday night’s gang-related shooting death of a 17-year-old in the Washington Park neighborhood on the South Side.
Two parents who lost their oldest child to violence tried to connect with gang members who may have been responsible for their pain. As CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, this rare meeting took place in the South Side’s 6th District.
Members of a Los Angeles street gang are facing charges in the 2008 beating of a man who claimed he had a sex tape of Shaquille O’Neal and that the former NBA star was behind the attack.
A 17-year-old boy is dead, following an apparent gang shooting in Melrose Park.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!