CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson is happy to see the new police superintendent is making good on a promise to hold a Chicago gang accountable for the wounding of two children.
There’s evidence that more Chicago cops on the beat perhaps is already having an impact in one neighborhood troubled by violent crime.
Summer can be a dangerous time for kids, especially those in neighborhoods plagued by crime and gang activity. So a “peace summit” was held Friday for more than 1,000 school kids.
Three admitted gang members are facing felony charges for the beatings of two northwest suburban boys on Wednesday.
There are ways to impress a woman, but telling her you just killed two people and that she might be next is probably not the most skillful way to do it.
One man is dead and another wounded after a shooting on the city’s South Side.
Nearly 200 gang members belonging to what the Chicago Police Department calls the most violent gang faction in the West Side’s Harrison District have been arrested as part of the department’s effort to crack down on gangs that are responsible for homicides, police Superintendent Jody P. Weis announced on Sunday.
Police are still looking for the driver of one of the vehicles that took part in a dangerous, high speed “cat-and-mouse” type chase Sunday morning that ended in one of the autos rolling over after hitting a utility pole, the other striking a building and two parked cars.
Six men were charged with delivery a controlled substance, and authorities seek four more individuals following “Operation Sugar Magnolia.”
Chicago Police and the FBI began a roundup of about 100 members of the Traveling Vice Lords gang Wednesday morning following a drug investigation launched about two years ago.
Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis is talking about the details of Chicago’s new, somewhat-controversial approach to dealing with street gangs
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!