Gas Main Leak In South Austin Secured gas man break forced homeowners out into the cold in the South Austin neighborhood late Tuesday afternoon.
Summit High School Evacuated Due To Nearby Gas LeakArgo Community High School was evacuated around 1:30 p.m., after a gas leak immediately east of campus, according to District 217 Supt. Kevin O'Mara. Students were sent home about half an hour later, after school buses were sent to the school to pick them up.
Gas Leak Forces Evacuation Of Homes In South ShoreThe leak happened just before 11 p.m. near 80th Street and Crandon Avenue. A 20- to 24-inch underground main was leaking, filling the air with the smell of gas, and creating some tense moments as neighbors were told to evacuate their homes.
Several Homes In Gage Park Without Heat After Gas LeakAbout half-dozen homes were without heat after a gas leak in the Gage Park neighborhood on the South Side Tuesday evening.
Metra Train Stopped Near Prairie Grove For Gas LeakInbound train No. 114, which was scheduled to arrive in Chicago at 12:35 p.m., is stopped near Prairie Grove due to a Nicor gas leak, according to Metra’s website. The train is currently about 50 minutes late.
Service Restored To Hundreds Of Homes After Gas Break In Rogers ParkThe leak was reported in the 2500 block of West Fargo in the Rogers Park neighborhood, according to Fire Media Affairs.
Crews Investigate Natural Gas Odor In Lincoln Park, But Find No LeakFire Department crews blanketed the Lincoln Park area on Thursday afternoon, after several residents and businesses reported smelling natural gas around Willow and Sheffield.
South Loop Stores Evacuated After Gas Leak Several stores in the South Loop are being evacuated after a gas leak was reported Monday morning.
Brookfield Zoo Parking Lots Closed After Gas Main BreakThe main entrance at Brookfield Zoo had to be closed Friday after a gas main break nearby, and its smaller south parking lot quickly filled to capacity.
Oak Lawn Man Attempts Suicide With Gas Leak After Brother DiesPolice say a despondent man tried to commit suicide by filling his southwest suburban home with natural gas the day after his brother died of a brain tumor.
Arson Ruled Out, Gas Leak Blamed In Joliet House Explosion Investigators have confirmed a gas leak was to blame for an explosion and fire that destroyed a house in southwest suburban Joliet earlier this week.
Gas Leak Near Cicero Schools Sends Children To Hospitals Nearly 40 children were sent to the hospital and two Cicero Elementary schools were closed after reports of a gas leak in the area.