With gas prices continuing to rise, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin said Sunday he wants to pull $4 billion in federal subsidies provided to big oil companies.
Once again, an unwelcome distinction for Chicago – we’re now paying the highest gas prices in the country.
An expert says just as the Chicago-area’s shattering weather records, we could soon set less pleasant records – the highest gas prices.
Prices at the pump are down slightly after 27 straight days of increases, but it’s not going to provide much relief.
AAA Chicago is using the word “volatile” to describe gas prices over the past month, but mainly, the trend is decidedly upward.
Whether gas will go up to $5 per gallon remains to be seen, but prices in excess of $4 per gallon are already a reality in some parts of Chicago.
The average cost for a gallon of regular unleaded in the Chicago area Monday was $3.91 — up more than 30 cents from a week ago. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
Another week has brought another hike in gas prices for the Chicago area.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson is fuming not only about high gasoline prices, but also the oil companies that are pocketing billions.
This week’s spike in crude oil prices is catching up to Chicago area drivers, with prices at the pump suddenly soaring about 20 cents a gallon to an average of $3.74.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) agrees a gas price spike doesn’t help President Barack Obama, but he says so far, it’s hardly a deal-breaker for the president.
I didn’t want to, but figured I’d better this morning — stop for gas. I spent $58.32, and it didn’t even fill my tank.
Oil prices are spiking after Iran cut off exports to Britain and France and threatened to expand the embargo to other European countries, and that means gas prices are skyrocketing too.
Chicago’s gas prices are still higher than the national average, but there is some good news. Though gas prices are jumping across the country, in Chicago, they have gone down in recent weeks.
Gas prices are on the rise, and experts say we can expect them to keep rising as we head toward spring.
A new published report says we need to get ready for wild swings in the price at the pump.
January is typically a month when gas prices are low, but that is not the case this year.
Gasoline prices could approach $5 a gallon by Memorial Day and stay a record levels for much of the summer, according to a forecast by GasBuddy.com.
It’s been no holiday for drivers trying to fill up at the pump. Gas prices continue to rise. As of Monday, the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in Chicago was $3.51, up 9 cents from a week ago.
An expiring ethanol tax credit could lead to higher gas prices come 2012.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!