While the rest of the country, including Hawaii, enjoys the lowest springtime gas prices in three years, Chicago is leading the nation with the highest.
Gasoline for 99 cents? You would need a canoe to get it in River Grove.
If you have to fill up your car’s gas tank on Monday, you may be shocked at your total.
Police said Monday they’re following several leads in their search for a second suspect in an elaborate gasoline theft scheme.
A west suburban man was charged with theft after authorities uncovered an elaborate gasoline-stealing ring involving two men who would sell the stolen petrol at gas stations and vacant lots on Chicago’s West Side.
Two brothers are accused of trying to bilk the state of millions of dollars in gasoline taxes that consumers paid at the pump.
So far it’s been a happy new year for Chicago drivers.
Just in time for your holiday travels, gas prices are going down.
The average price for regular unleaded in Chicago is $4.45 a gallon, 60 cents more than the national average of $3.85, according to AAA. But CBS 2’s Mike Parker found gas selling for $2.65 a gallon. It’s not your typical gas, it’s compressed natural gas, and it could save you a bundle.
Drivers are opening their wallets even more at the pump, especially here in Chicago.
Mechanical problems could be caused by unleaded regular gasoline that came from the company’s Whiting, Ind. facility between Aug. 13 and 17.
Chicago drivers should expect to see some sticker shock at the gas pump very soon, as prices are expected to jump by as much as 35 cents.
But beware of the summer-blend that kicks in next week. It could force prices up by 5 cents per gallon. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker explains why maybe that’s not a bad thing.
Don’t buy gasoline in my town. That’s the message from the mayor of New Lenox.
The Wright family gets some tips on getting better gas mileage. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker talks with an expert about which cash-back credit cards are best for gasoline buyers.
The gasoline used in most cars could soon have more ethanol.
Gasoline prices could approach $5 a gallon by Memorial Day and stay a record levels for much of the summer, according to a forecast by GasBuddy.com.
Three people — including a baby — were rescued from a basement fire in a northwest suburban Des Plaines townhouse Friday evening.
Gas prices are finally coming down – and quickly. Prices at pumps in Chicago are nearly 10 cents a gallon cheaper than just one week ago.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!