About 200 ministers and others gathered in the south suburbs on Tuesday, day calling on the Illinois House to say “no” to legislation to legalize same-sex marriages.
A replacement for Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady has to resolve inner-party squabbles at a time when the GOP is having identity issues and Democrats dominate them at the State Capitol and in the congressional delegation.
Opponents of same-sex marriage were targeting Chicago’s Latino community on Saturday with a march and protest, where they also faced off with gay rights activists staging a counter protest.
One day after a group of clergy came together to support same-sex marriage in Illinois, Cardinal Francis George and 10 other Chicago area religious leaders spoke out against the legalization of gay marriage.
Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk has announced his support for gay marriage, saying that legally discriminating against same-sex couples “is an anathema to me.”
Do you want to be treated like a second-class citizen, Pisces? Would you like to be discriminated against because of your sexual preference? Would you like to be told by the government that you can’t marry the person you love? No? Then don’t treat others that way.
A felony arrest warrant has been issued for a Chicago man accused of threatening a state representative over her controversial comments about same-sex marriages.
An Illinois House committee narrowly endorsed legislation to legalize gay marriage Tuesday, setting up a showdown on the House floor that could come in a matter of weeks.
The Illinois Senate has voted to approve legislation legalizing same-sex marriages in Illinois.
An Illinois Senate committee has approved legalizing gay marriage for the second time in a month.
The House sponsor of legislation to legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois said the measure could get a vote “very soon,” after the new General Assembly was sworn in this week.
A coalition of West Side ministers was urging state lawmakers to reject legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois, but at least one lawmaker said the ministers’ threat of political backlash against lawmakers who vote for gay marriage was nothing but an “empty threat.”
After two days of snags in moving the issue, Sen. Heather Steans finally won committee approval by an 8-5 vote Thursday evening, sending the measure next to the floor.
A push to legalize same-sex marriages in Illinois hit a slight snag on Wednesday, but supporters sounded confident the measure would move forward on Thursday.
Francis Cardinal George has written a letter to priests asking that Catholics contact their lawmakers and oppose same-sex marriage in Illinois.
A spokesman for President Obama says the former Illinois state lawmaker is urging the General Assembly here to approve gay-marriage legislation, the Sun-Times is reporting.
A group of clergy members is pushing to legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois.
Two Illinois lawmakers said Thursday they will seek legislative approval of gay marriage when the General Assembly reconvenes in three weeks, answering Gov. Pat Quinn’s hope that he could sign same-sex marital rights into law as early as January.
Two families led by gay couples were optimistic it would finally mean the legalization of gay marriage nationwide.
The Election Day victories for same-sex marriage in several states have supporters of the effort in Illinois saying the atmosphere has changed, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Tuesday that he’d lead an effort to legalize same-sex marriages in Illinois as well
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!