When will the NFL have its first openly gay player?
A Cook County Sheriff’s deputy has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against his employer, claiming that supervisors have done nothing to stop his co-workers from making his life miserable because he is gay.
Rev. William Owens takes great issue with Obama’s linkage of Dr. King’s civil rights movement of the past to the current gay rights movement regarding same-sex marriage. Owens says that King embraced traditional religion, and he strongly suggests that King would not want his civil rights’ mission altered to include same-sex marriage.
The southern suburb of Country Club Hills is being sued by one its municipal employees, who is claiming he was humiliated and discriminated against by the suburb’s mayor and former city manager because he is gay.
Former NFL cornerback Wade Davis, who played for three separate teams, joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show to discuss what it was like being gay in the NFL.
It has been a year now since same-sex civil unions became legal in Illinois, but the advocacy group Equality Illinois says many couples are not finding that their unions are being treated as equal to marriages.
The gay rights law firm Lambda Legal has produced a video with the message that “it’s just time” for full marriage equality in Illinois, after lawsuits were filed this week seeking to secure marriage rights for same sex couples.
Two separate lawsuits were filed Wednesday, attempting to secure marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples in Illinois.
A suburban college student was beaten at Illinois State University over the weekend and he said he was targeted because he was gay.
Illinois State Rep. Greg Harris (D-Chicago) has pulled his bill to legalize same-sex marriage in the state, but he says in a published report that he will introduce legislation again when the time is right.
The Center on Halsted LGBT community center will soon celebrate five years in operation with a gala expected to attract 1,500 people.
The Gerber/Hart LGBT library has announced plans to move to a new site on Clark Street in Rogers Park.
Chicago will be the site for the filming of a new independent holiday movie, which will take a new look at Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” from a gay perspective.
Now that Illinois allows civil unions for unmarried couples, and other states are allowing same-sex couples to get married, Illinois tourism officials are trying to market the state to the gay and lesbian community.
The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives of gay and lesbian resources remains very much in operation, but will soon be moving from its longtime location just south of Loyola University.
Indiana is now the second state to offer a license plate promoting benefiting LGBT causes.
More than 3,700 couples committed to one another through civil unions in the first six months since Illinois legalized them.
An Oswego man will spend the next two years in prison, after admitting to attacking and brutally beating another man because he was gay.
A handful of housing projects designed specifically for LGBT senior citizens are springing up around the country, and Chicago is about to get one soon.
A 38-year old man on Monday became the first man in Illinois to re-enlist in the military after being kicked out of the service because he’s gay.
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.379
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!