The Bears need general manager availability, with Phil Emery standing at the lectern to announce the future direction of the franchise, today. ASAP.
Sure, Terrelle Pryor and Jim Tressel caused the mess, but Smith’s careless decision to play in the Gator Bowl last year likely cost Ohio State a chance at the National Championship this season.
Gene Smith, the clueless Ohio State athletic director, shouldn’t be the only one “disappointed with the NCAA’s decision” Tuesday. Smith’s disappointed? How about the players who are still bound to the now non-Bowl-eligible Buckeyes next year?
There’s no question a postseason ban was in order, but I had my doubts that the NCAA would actually hand down such a penalty.
Athletic director Gene Smith confirmed to The Associated Press early Tuesday that the NCAA’s committee on infractions would hand down its final sanctions of the Ohio State athletic program at 3 p.m. EST.
Three Ohio State players have been suspended for Saturday’s game for accepting too much money for too little work in their summer jobs.
Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith says he’s disappointed with “where we are” in terms of NCAA violations by its football program and the sanctions that will come with it.
The lawyer for Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor has questioned the facts in a Sports Illustrated special report on the Buckeyes’ NCAA problems.
Ohio State President Gordon Gee said Wednesday he expects university athletics director Gene Smith to keep his job.
What was revealed in Monday’s Sports Illustrated piece is a systematic problem that was likely inherited by Tressel and consistently covered up by the hierarchy at Ohio State.
The NCAA is claiming that 10-year coach Jim Tressel lied and withheld information to keep several of his players eligible and on the field after they had accepted improper benefits from the owner of a tattoo parlor.
Gene Smith, Ohio State athletic director has returned tot he school’s campus and has called a press conference for Tuesday night. There remains a chance that head coach Jim Tressel’s job might be in jeopardy.
According to a report, Ohio State head football Jim Tressel knew of some of the infractions that were committed by several of his players.
For the members of the NCAA Tournament selection committee, the 15th floor of The Westin hotel in Indianapolis will become their world from Wednesday through Sunday night as the deliberate the field of 68.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!