The timing couldn’t have been better for a family from north suburban Geneva when they hit the jackpot after finding some old Lotto tickets stuffed in a cookie jar.
The city of Geneva is the latest to end its program to catch red-light runners with cameras. Its two cameras, on Randall Road at Fargo Boulevard and Williamsburg Avenue, are being removed after the 3-year period for the program ended this past weekend.
Carol Young, president of the Geneva Education Association
Planning a weekend getaway? Located 80 miles from Chicagoland, Lake Geneva, WI, provides a perfect escape for Chicagoans trying to avoid expensive plane fare or hours in the car. Though Lake Geneva, is known for its waterfront, beaches, festivals and resorts, that doesn’t mean it’s only a warm weather town. Many places feature seasonal activities and ways to see the beautiful fall color changes at the lake.
Investigators in the western suburbs are looking for the cause of an early morning fire at a bank.
Nothing screams fall like crunching into a delicious caramel apple. There are a few places around Chicago, and one just a little further, to satisfy this craving that comes at this time of year. They also make great hostess gifts, or a dessert if sliced…
The Geneva Education Association apparently has declared an impasse in negotiations with the school board, and administration officials were surprised to hear it.
A historic ship that has been looking for a Chicago home for years may finally get its chance.
A local community leader thinks it would be a great idea for the Chicago Cubs’ farm team to move to Kane County.
One person is dead following a motorcycle accident involving a semi-trailer truck in Geneva.
The persistent dry conditions have led to brush fires in the Chicago area, which grew so severe Tuesday afternoon that they shut down a Metra train line and a major roadway.
A west suburban elementary school was put on lockdown Monday morning after someone broke a window, then placed a “suspicious” envelope inside an office area.
The Kane County Board’s riverboat subcommittee is recommending some revisions in how the county distributes 2012 proceeds from the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin.
If Gov. Pat Quinn goes along, motorcyclists could start treating some red lights the same way as stop signs.
A west suburban man has been charged with 15 counts of child pornography after police allegedly found images and videos in his home early Tuesday.
As one west suburban family prepared to bury their teen daughter killed in a Kane County crash, the survivor’s family cautiously celebrated some positive signs Thursday.
A Geneva salesman has been charged with defrauding investors in four Las Vegas companies out of more than $5 million in a Ponzi scheme.
A man’s body has been found along a suburban bike path.
First it was the Asian long-horned beetle, then the emerald ash borer. And now, the stink bug has made it to the Chicago area.
The doors are closed for good at a landmark restaurant in the Fox River valley.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!